Doing laundry

merlib

Hi everyone :D It is less than a month now to our June 12th Radiance cruise from Vancouver to Seward. We are going to tack four extra days on and do some touring on our own inland to Denali. We are actually going to be gone for a total of two weeks, and I am beginning to think about the logistics of having to do laundry at some point.

Am I right that on the Radiance there is no self-service laundry facilities? I know I can pay to have laundry done, and I may do that. What are my other options? Take time out of my day once we get off the ship to do laundry before we embark on our land tour? Try to pack for two whole weeks (don't think I even have enough undies for that!). :eek:

Suggestions welcome :)

Then by some more. You should have enough 'undies' to last for 2 weeks.

You are on vacation. You do laundry at home, why the need to do it on vacation?

I know people do, but I simply do not understand why. Just pack a few extra 'undies' and not have to worry about where or when to do a wash. .

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13

When necessary for small items we take travel packs of detergent and do a little laundry in the bathroom sink.

For the bigger items you’ll need to bite the bullet and have them done on board or stop along the way on your land portion. There are many self-serve laundry facilities.

I highly recommend Zote Soap for hand washing.

With RCI, there is a laundry in Seward, that has wash/fold service.

Thanks Budget Queen! Since we have most of the day in Seward before we catch the train, do you think I could drop it off and then pick up later? I know it would mean re-packing, but at least I wouldn't be stuck in the laundromat :-)

MerLib

Thanks Budget Queen! Since we have most of the day in Seward before we catch the train, do you think I could drop it off and then pick up later? I know it would mean re-packing, but at least I wouldn't be stuck in the laundromat :-)

MerLib

http://www.seward.com look them up and call them- making sure the drop off service is still being offered. I always did my own.