Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

It's interesting that every time I have looked at the Rewards for Good site for the Carnival Gift Cards the Royal Caribbean gift cards were always available. I was looking once or twice a day for many days in April and early May.

Because they are 10 times more restrictive and therefore not nearly as popular. Carnival cards come and go twice around while Royal gift certificates will still be sitting there.

How long did it take for them to come in after you ordered them?

I ordered four of the $100 Rewards for Good gift cards on Saturday, May 7th. Received them in the USPS mail on Monday, May 16th. Did not have to sign for them. They were mailed from Ohio and received in Virginia.

Edit: The postmark was May 11th. Hopefully this will give an idea of how long it takes to receive.

Edited by M&T ReadyToCruiseAgain

I ordered four of the $100 Rewards for Good gift cards on Saturday, May 7th. Received them in the USPS mail on Monday, May 16th. Did not have to sign for them. They were mailed from Ohio and received in Virginia.

Aren't all of the cards sent from Ohio?

Is it necessary to have the cards in hand to apply them to your account on the ship?

I'm an American expat, living in the UK, so couldn't purchase them to ship here. I have purchased some and sent to my US address (aka, my sister's house).

I know I can use them to pay off my balance online, so don't need the cards in hand for that.

However, she has two $500 cards for me, that will be used for onboard spending. I'm just wondering if she sent pics of them to me, if that would be enough to get them onto my account using the ship kiosks, or if I should have her actually post the cards to me.

What info do you need for the kiosks, would I need security codes or anything other than the card number?

Thanks,

Duane-O

Is it necessary to have the cards in hand to apply them to your account on the ship?

I'm an American expat, living in the UK, so couldn't purchase them to ship here. I have purchased some and sent to my US address (aka, my sister's house).

I know I can use them to pay off my balance online, so don't need the cards in hand for that.

However, she has two $500 cards for me, that will be used for onboard spending. I'm just wondering if she sent pics of them to me, if that would be enough to get them onto my account using the ship kiosks, or if I should have her actually post the cards to me.

What info do you need for the kiosks, would I need security codes or anything other than the card number?

Thanks,

Duane-O

Have her send you the numbers. You can load them at the kiosk machine onboard. No problem. I loaded all of my cards that way last year. If you buy e-cards, which Carnival offers, there is no physical card so your plan is fine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Where do you go to purchase?? I can't find them on the AARP site

There is a link on the AARP site to Rewards for Good. You have to redeem 1000 points to buy a $100 Carnival gift card for $90. The points are easy to earn. Taking 3 quizzes should give you over a 1000 points.

http://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/?intcmp=DSO-HDR-R4G-EWHERE

There is a link on the AARP site to Rewards for Good. You have to redeem 1000 points to buy a $100 Carnival gift card for $90. The points are easy to earn. Taking 3 quizzes should give you over a 1000 points.

http://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/?intcmp=DSO-HDR-R4G-EWHERE

Thanks! I found it right after I posted, of course. Snagged 2 $500 for our cruise on the 30th!! I think they should be here in time, if not, we'll use em for our next cruise in October!

Yay! I bought a bunch of $100 gift cards through AARP and Verizon last week, just took a look again and got some $500 and $100 cards from Verizon to finish paying off my upcoming cruise (final payment due June 3, cutting it close!). Since my orders were large enough ($500 each), I had to call to confirm the orders, they shipped out from Ohio via UPS in a couple of business days and arrived about a week after ordering. They were shipped as Signature Required because of the value, but I was able to go on the UPS website and have them delivered to a UPS Store so I could pick them up on my own schedule. My TA can only take 3 cards per day, so make sure you get them early enough to use them up in time.

Edited by joshua70448

Yay! I bought a bunch of $100 gift cards through AARP and Verizon last week, just took a look again and got some $500 and $100 cards from Verizon to finish paying off my upcoming cruise (final payment due June 3, cutting it close!). Since my orders were large enough ($500 each), I had to call to confirm the orders, they shipped out from Ohio via UPS in a couple of business days and arrived about a week after ordering. They were shipped as Signature Required because of the value, but I was able to go on the UPS website and have them delivered to a UPS Store so I could pick them up on my own schedule. My TA can only take 3 cards per day, so make sure you get them early enough to use them up in time.

You can go on carnival.com under manage my cruises and enter them yourself. Did $6300 in one day.

I just snagged some 100.00 Cards

My cruise is paid for for next month.

Can I buy gift cards at 10% off through AARP and then redeem on my account and pull the funds from a slot machine and not pay a fee?

I did this last year at the tables and paid the 3% fee but was reading there is no charge at a slot machine.

I've loaded gift cards onto our account and downloaded funds onto slot machines and cashed out with no trouble. Before our January cruise I had read that some people were charged but it sounded like they didn't play the slots at all. I downloaded some every night, played a bit, then cashed out until I had pulled the full amount of credit in our account and was never charged a fee.

Edited by TMS MT

You can go on carnival.com under manage my cruises and enter them yourself. Did $6300 in one day.

I can't find anywhere in the Cruise Manager to make a payment. I booked through Priceline this time, so maybe the payment tools are disabled because I went through a TA? I've always booked direct in the past, so I haven't dealt with this situation before.