Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Thank goodness--such good help!

Is buying 5 $100 the same deal as 1 $500 or is the discount better on $500?

It'll be the same. Cashing in points gives you 10% off either card. So a $100 card is $90 and a $500 is $450.

It requires 1,000 pts. to get 10% off of a $100 card and 5,000 pts. to get 10% off of the $500 cards. So it all equals out.

Edited by Organized Chaos

I copied the directions and emailed them to myself so I can do it again. Thank you so much.

How long after receiving rewards are they put onto account?

I had over 5000 points, it only let me buy 2 cards.

No problem. Glad I could help. :)

There's kind of two separate websites, but both part of AARP. There's aarp.org, which is their main homepage, and rewards.aarp.org, which is the homepage of the rewards system (Rewards for Good). My points always show up on the rewards homepage immediately. And, since I just cashed in 2,000, it showed the new amount immediately. On the other hand, when I view the main AARP homepage, in the red header at the top of the page, it still displays my old points before I bought the gift cards. It seems to take that page a while to catch up. Sometimes logging out and back in again will correct the amount, other times I just have to wait a day or so.

If you get promotional codes for points in email newsletters, you will enter those codes into a box at the top of rewards.aarp.org (after logging in). You can't miss the box, it says Enter Promo Code.

Update: I just signed up for a few more of their email newsletters and it gave me 2,050 pts. just for signing up to receive them. :D Hopefully, some of those newsletters will also include promotional codes for more points.

How long does it normally take for gift cards to arrive? I will be sailing June 25, 2017

I have the same sailing and I ordered with no fear. I told my family not to order past May 31 Incase of any hiccups.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking at the AARP website right now and they have Royal Caribbean gift cards available now... do they usually switch between the two? Hoping they didn't make a perma-change right after I found out about the discounted GCs!

I've only been registered for 2 1/2 weeks, but since I have, RC cards are always available. When Carnival cards come up, they'll both be listed there. They just sold a batch of Carnival on Tuesday, so look for them in about 2 weeks, which is what everyone's saying is about the average timeframe. This thread (or one of the others) will float to the top of the forum when it happens. Good luck. :)

I ordered some on Tuesday and had to call to confirm the order. This might be since this was my first AARP order. Anyway, they are on the way. I won't be home to sign for them but I signed up for myups so I can direct them to a store and sign for them there.

Looking at the AARP website right now and they have Royal Caribbean gift cards available now... do they usually switch between the two? Hoping they didn't make a perma-change right after I found out about the discounted GCs!

The reason that the RC gift cards are available most of the time is that they go by a whole other set of rules. You can ONLY use them at the time you BOOK the cruise with RC. Then they have to have paper work filled out and the gift certificates/cards have to be mailed into them. You cannot use them for any other thing on RC. And the Carnival gift cards tend to be available every 2 or 3 weeks but once word gets out that they are available, they go very quickly.

The reason that the RC gift cards are available most of the time is that they go by a whole other set of rules. You can ONLY use them at the time you BOOK the cruise with RC. Then they have to have paper work filled out and the gift certificates/cards have to be mailed into them. You cannot use them for any other thing on RC. And the Carnival gift cards tend to be available every 2 or 3 weeks but once word gets out that they are available, they go very quickly.

Also you cannot book through a TA when using these. I ALWAYS get some perks which I would just about break even on the deal using them in that case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! I had to call and confirm them also. My first time getting them but she said 8 to 10 business days. I leave 13 days so I was hoping they would be here. I was stressing. I appreciate the direct answer.
I ordered some on Tuesday and had to call to confirm the order. This might be since this was my first AARP order. Anyway, they are on the way. I won't be home to sign for them but I signed up for myups so I can direct them to a store and sign for them there.

I ordered a couple on Tuesday for the first time as well, but I got a confirmation/receipt email. Why did you two have to call to confirm?

I ordered mine and had them 4 days later. :)
That sure is better than the week most people say it takes. They were on the ball that day.

I ordered a couple on Tuesday for the first time as well, but I got a confirmation/receipt email. Why did you two have to call to confirm?

That sure is better than the week most people say it takes. They were on the ball that day.

To confirm against fraud, my cc denied the charge the first few times too . They said gift card purchases are one of the biggest type of fraud lately.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

When you ordered gift cards how quickly did the get shipped to your house? I just confirmed the gift cards I ordered Tuesday.

Mine took a little over a week. I didn't have to sign for mine, they just showed up in the regular mail. But I only got $200 worth, so maybe that's why I didn't have to sign.