"LIVE" - Jewel of the Seas - 16 May 2015 - Royal returns to the West Coast

Thanks for taking us along. It's great to see a RCI ship with a port stop in Catalina again. :)

Thanks, it is a nice place. We only spent a couple of hours on the beach, that was the plan. Enough time to what around downtown Avalon and for Marie to buy her souvenirs.

I have been posting primarily pictures from my Nikon. I bought an Eyefi mobi SD memory card that automatically transfers my pictures from the Nikon to my phone where I can use Tapatalk to upload them. Seems to be working well. [emoji3]

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

We are thrilled to be back on the West Coast! The marine layer has burned off, and it is gorgeous in Catalina today. :)

It is a glorious day to be at sea.

1b5ddee824268558a584c7ecefc3c740.jpg

I love reading these reviews, makes me want to be there, I took my first cruise beginning of April and now I am addicted [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to book another. [emoji2]

Formal night tonight, the majority in main dining participated in some fashion.

We had another fun evening in Vortex with old and new friends. The furniture survived tonight, right Jean? [emoji12]

Here's Marie looking pretty.

28bc1946d11c7c2f84bf989e7574da07.jpg

Formal night tonight, the majority in main dining participated in some fashion.

We had another fun evening in Vortex with old and new friends. The furniture survived tonight, right Jean? [emoji12]

Here's Marie looking pretty.

28bc1946d11c7c2f84bf989e7574da07.jpg

Please tell Marie that I love that dress.

How's the food been so far? Saw another review where they really complained about the food selections.

There will always be someone complaining about the good. I am no "foodie" (and neither are half the people that claim to be [emoji6] ). The food has been what we have found on the other Royal ships we have been on. I look more at service and on that point they have been very good.

Bar service was readily available at sail away and when we visited the solarium. Our wait staff in main dining had been efficient and friendly.

I see they are doing something different for bread in main dining. Instead of the assistant waiter bringing around the rolls, they put a basket with one each of the pumpkin seed, onion, cheese, sourdough and savory bite on each table. They would probably change the variety if you ask. Makes it easy.

Can't wait for your pictures from San Francisco. What are you planning on doing there today and tomorrow?

We would like to do the Napa Valley Wine Train.

This evening we are taking an Alcatraz Island tour. Tomorrow is a little less structured, possibly ride the cable cars to Market Street.

Hey Bill,

I feel I should let you West Coasters, and maybe you can let others on your sailing know, that next year's Explorer new deployment 8-day Pacific Coastal Sept 30 round-trip Seattle is a major deal right now, one of the best prices for RCL I've seen on any sailing for quite a while. US$ balconies for $640pp with D+ discount. Interiors for $516 US!!! :eek:

Major deal if you also add on-board booking bonus if you book now while you're on Jewel. I just got one of the last higher up afts. Plenty of hump E2's available last I looked. :D

Hey Bill,

I feel I should let you West Coasters, and maybe you can let others on your sailing know, that next year's Explorer new deployment 8-day Pacific Coastal Sept 30 round-trip Seattle is a major deal right now, one of the best prices for RCL I've seen on any sailing for quite a while. US$ balconies for $640pp with D+ discount. Interiors for $516 US!!! :eek:

Major deal if you also add on-board booking bonus if you book now while you're on Jewel. I just got one of the last higher up afts. Plenty of hump E2's available last I looked. :D

Thanks for the info. What is the itinerary for the 8 day?

Hey Bill!

Totally forgot that you were getting on the day we got off. Hope you are enjoying "our" ship. We had a ball for the last three weeks! Just love the Jewel. The crew did a fabulous job last cruise with over 70% Crown and Anchor members on board and 44 Pinnacles. That was challenging for them, to say the least. They've still got their hands full.

Y'all have fun. I will try to keep up. We fly home tomorrow..

Hey Bill!

Totally forgot that you were getting on the day we got off. Hope you are enjoying "our" ship. We had a ball for the last three weeks! Just love the Jewel. The crew did a fabulous job last cruise with over 70% Crown and Anchor members on board and 44 Pinnacles. That was challenging for them' date=' to say the least. They've still got their hands full.

Y'all have fun. I will try to keep up. We fly home tomorrow..[/size']

Hi Jane. We are just about to head into San Francisco, picking up the pilots in about 15 minutes and crossing under the Golden Gate Bridge in about 45 minutes.

The ship and crew are great. So happy we booked this cruise and the two in the fall