FV Cabin on Equinox - Too Much Movement in Mediterranean??

cruzers j&n

Hi there - we currently have a mid-ship veranda cabin for our 2 week cruise in the Mediterranean (August). For those of you who have stayed in a FV on the Equinox (or any S-class) during the summer months in Mediterranean, did you feel a lot of movement? I am very prone to seasickness so always prefer a mid-ship location, however, we are traveling with our 9 yr old son and would love more space.

FYI, we have stayed in a corner FV on the Constellation last year and absolutely loved it! But, there was one day where I was ka-put from the motion so that stunk. I think the forward is even more prone to motion but I'm wondering if the Mediterranean will be ok? We have sailed in May previously in Mediterranean and I was fine but we had a mid-ship cabin.

I suppose if I get some seasickness meds in advance, I may be ok but rather not take anything if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback! :)

Edited by cruzers j&n

You are really unlucky in the Med in August to get bad weather. Even around the Greek Islands which can be breezy earlier or later in the year it should be calm. I am not the best of sailors but have never had any worries in the Med from May to end of Sept. April, October you are beginning to push your luck but even then it usually is still fine.

Enjoy your cruise!

We had an aft veranda on the Eclipse last September - we hardly noticed any movement whilst in the Med, we noticed a bit of movement whilst going from the Med back into the Atlantic, but nothing to upset either of us.

Hi there - we currently have a mid-ship veranda cabin for our 2 week cruise in the Mediterranean (August). For those of you who have stayed in a FV on the Equinox (or any S-class) during the summer months in Mediterranean, did you feel a lot of movement? I am very prone to seasickness so always prefer a mid-ship location, however, we are traveling with our 9 yr old son and would love more space.

FYI, we have stayed in a corner FV on the Constellation last year and absolutely loved it! But, there was one day where I was ka-put from the motion so that stunk. I think the forward is even more prone to motion but I'm wondering if the Mediterranean will be ok? We have sailed in May previously in Mediterranean and I was fine but we had a mid-ship cabin.

I suppose if I get some seasickness meds in advance, I may be ok but rather not take anything if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback! :)

The Med is usually fine in the summer months, however, as it's the weather we're talking about, anything can happen :). We have experienced a couple of storms, one returning to our ship from a Rome excursion to find our ship had disappeared. There had been a freak storm and her moorings had snapped leaving the gangway in the ocean and her further out in the sea...luckily no one was hurt.

Btw, have you checked to see if any FVs are available on your actual sailing? X only usually allow reservations for a minimum of 5 persons for a FV unless it's close to sail date and they haven't sold ;). You probably already know this though if you've been on Constellation. M class FVs are fabulous ;).

Which Equinox sailing are you booked on? If it's August 24th, come on over to the roll call :).