No promotion past April 2016? issue as i need to move my cruise

mikeysed

Was looking to book a cruise in Nov 2016...had to transfer it from my nov 2015 . I booked onboard but cant make the november 2015 trip.

So my TA is keeping my 150 obc from celebrity but said right now there is no promotion for the cruise in nov 2016 ... its a 10 night caribbean.

I went on the site and the pick your perk apparantly is good only through april 2016.

What should i do? I cant make the trip this year and have to move it out before final payment is due july 1st.

Do i pick a random date and then switch it again when a promotion is going on? I jad 123 go promo for my European nov 2015 trip... i dont think the TA can use those perks from when i booked that this past fall onboard.

Thanks for the help/suggestions.

-Mike

Move it as far out as you can. Your TA will not be able to keep any perks that are being offered right now. Once you've got a date you want you'll have to check for perks at that time.

So just choose anything as far out as possible and wait until a promotion includes nov 2016 dates?

I feel your pain on the promotions. I finally got my whole party to agree on a cruise the day the Spring into Savings promotion ended. I have been waiting since April 1st to book a June '16 med cruise, but the keep extending their current promotion which excludes anything after April '16. **sigh**

I need five cabins and have started looking for other arrangements on other lines. Without the pick a perk Celebrity is not really that good of a bargain for me.

What should i do? I cant make the trip this year and have to move it out before final payment is due july 1st.

-Mike

We will be in the same situation, but our final is not due for awhile yet. We are going to wait until about 2 days before final and then switch. Hopefully by then, another promo will be available.

You have 6 weeks left before final payment is due (Is this your TA's final payment date, or Celebrity's? TA's often have an earlier due date when in actuality you can go a couple of more weeks before final is really due to Celebrity.)

I advise you not to switch your booking until the last possible moment (2 days gives you leeway if there is a problem.) ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

So just choose anything as far out as possible and wait until a promotion includes nov 2016 dates?

Yes as long as you're positive this one isn't going to work for you, move it as far out as you can and watch for your date. Also watch for the perks at that time.

Was looking to book a cruise in Nov 2016...had to transfer it from my nov 2015 . I booked onboard but cant make the november 2015 trip.

So my TA is keeping my 150 obc from celebrity but said right now there is no promotion for the cruise in nov 2016 ... its a 10 night caribbean.

I went on the site and the pick your perk apparantly is good only through april 2016.

Do i pick a random date and then switch it again when a promotion is going on? I jad 123 go promo for my European nov 2015 trip... i dont think the TA can use those perks from when i booked that this past fall onboard.

Thanks for the help/suggestions.

-Mike

Why don't you just make it easy on yourself and actually PICK the date you wish to travel in 2016 and rebook for that date.

You can keep checking for new prices/promotions, and have your booking adjusted when a promotion becomes available.

If you haven't been able to get a promotion/price drop to your satisfaction before final payment, then just rebook for a later date.