Tipping

jcool

Ranges from $.95 per person a day increase to $1.25 per person a day in suites, increased drink prices as well.

And increased tip percentage on drinks as well. And also an 18% tip in the specialty restaurants on top of the normal cost.

Sure it does. I lost maybe about a dollar in interest income by prepaying my NCL tips 3 months ago for my June cruise but saved $27 in increased tips costs. Makes perfect sense.

And I made $600 in the stock market off the $460 in tips by not paying tips 3 months in advance.

And I made $600 in the stock market off the $460 in tips by not paying tips 3 months in advance.

And you could have just as easily LOST $600 in the stock market. I played a sure thing, you took a gamble. If you prefer to gamble, go for it, it's your money. I prefer a sure thing when I'm playing with my money.

Don't forget to pay your taxes on that $600. :D

Edited by Out to sea!

And you could have just as easily LOST $600 in the stock market. I played a sure thing, you took a gamble. If you prefer to gamble, go for it, it's your money. I prefer a sure thing when I'm playing with my money.

Don't forget to pay your taxes on that $600. :D

It's invested by me, not them. I stick to my original post that reads above," I only pay what they require in order to secure the booking in the schedule they require to be completed."

Edited by eponym

It's invested by me, not them. I stick to my original post that reads above," I only pay what they require in order to secure the booking in the schedule they require to be completed."

And you completely missed the point of my post. You took a gamble and made money. I didn't take a gamble and still made money. But for some people, the loss of a dollar or two in interest is outweighed by piece of mind that everything has been taken care of before one foot hits the boat. And if that's what they want to do, more power to those folks.

I too normally only pay the minimum required in the beginning. But there are times (such as with NCL recently increasing their tips) where I will pay up front because it makes financial sense to do so. Tomorrow I'm also going to pay my tips early for my RCCL cruise because they too are raising their tips on 01 June.

Edited by Out to sea!

And you completely missed the point of my post. You took a gamble and made money. I didn't take a gamble and still made money. But for some people, the loss of a dollar or two in interest is outweighed by piece of mind that everything has been taken care of before one foot hits the boat. And if that's what they want to do, more power to those folks.

I too normally only pay the minimum required in the beginning. But there are times (such as with NCL recently increasing their tips) where I will pay up front because it makes financial sense to do so. Tomorrow I'm also going to pay my tips early for my RCCL cruise because they too are raising their tips on 01 June.

You responded to MY posts. I don't care what your rationalizations are on the subject.

Pay forward, makes no difference to me, my family and my happiness.

You responded to MY posts. I don't care what your rationalizations are on the subject.

Pay forward, makes no difference to me, my family and my happiness.

Yes, I did. which I have the right to do. Sorry if you disapprove of me using the forums for their intended purpose.

BTW, I respond to many people's posts. You're no more special than any other poster.

Edited by Out to sea!

Sure it does. I lost maybe about a dollar in interest income by prepaying my NCL tips 3 months ago for my June cruise but saved $27 in increased tips costs. Makes perfect sense.

You saved 27 dollars by accident as you had no idea they would be increasing suggested tips.

Seems to me the right thing to do is pay tips to the crew based on the prevailing tip suggestion at the time.

You saved 27 dollars by accident as you had no idea they would be increasing suggested tips.

Seems to me the right thing to do is pay tips to the crew based on the prevailing tip suggestion at the time.

That's what we do, pay tips at the time of service.

Not an accident. Took advantage of a sure fire situation. Otherwise I would not have paid my tips till the end of the cruise as normal.

Not an accident. Took advantage of a sure fire situation. Otherwise I would not have paid my tips till the end of the cruise as normal.

Your choice but think the right thing to do is pay the crew the tipping amount in affect at time of service. You save a few bucks but it comes out of the pay of the people giving you the service.

Your choice but think the right thing to do is pay the crew the tipping amount in affect at time of service. You save a few bucks but it comes out of the pay of the people giving you the service.

Don't understand what you are trying to say. I was told if you pay at this time, it will be this amount. If you pay at a different time it will be a different amount. I didn't mess with anyone's pay, I simply followed their rules. If anyone is messing with anyone's pay that would be NCL. They could have easily not said a word to anyone and I would have paid at the end of the cruise whatever the price was. They are the ones that provided an option and I took the option that was best suited to me. No different than taking a price drop in a cruise.

Edited by Out to sea!