Priority Disembarkation for suite passengers?

LabGuy64

Good to know,

When I mentioned I thought suites should get priority disembarkation in ports of call and priority seating for shows there was a very negative reaction from the people in the Princess message boards. They for the most part seem to think that the people in suites get enough perks. one mini bar setup, and breakfast at sabatini's being the main benefit. And having a bigger cabin should be enough. many said they like Princess because they don't provide all the perks that most lines do.

We may get some of the push back here too, but for example, reserved seating at the shows is only on formal nights and only reserved until 10-15 minutes (it seems to vary) before the show, then they open it up to anyone who is there. In all my days on Celebrity (nearly 100?) I have only used this perk once. Celebrity tries to balance it pretty well.

To the other poster about what time, it is really up to you, but of course it can be impacted by weather, coast guard or a host of other issues. Are you in a hurry? 8am is no problem. 9am? Sure. Relaxed? 10am

Happy sailing,

Jenna

It's a pretty simple benefit and while some my not like you receiving it, one of the MC Concierge's responsibilities to help you avoid lines. They'll let you know this and offer, even in ports. Walk you to tendering, security, etc.

The ONLY time we're frustrated that this doesn't go as smoothly as possible is getting back on the ship in ports of call. Getting through security back on the ship can be a bit of a wait, especially on our last cruise as they stopped screening / letting people through every time they had to do an additional screening because someone set off the metal detector, and we felt that was about 1 in 3 people.

You'll have a chance meet senior officers early in the cruise, be friendly, get to know them. If you're frustrated by a line or something else, speak up and ask them for assistance, even calling the MC Concierge (or more likely they'll just fix it on the spot).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Good to know,

When I mentioned I thought suites should get priority disembarkation in ports of call and priority seating for shows there was a very negative reaction from the people in the Princess message boards. They for the most part seem to think that the people in suites get enough perks. one mini bar setup, and breakfast at sabatini's being the main benefit. And having a bigger cabin should be enough. many said they like Princess because they don't provide all the perks that most lines do.

First of all, defending Princess cruisers, we are long time Princess cruisers (so many years I don't want to date myself by saying, but have just sailed Celebrity for the last 8 years or so) and I think those in Suites SHOULD get all the benefits you mentioned.

You are paying significantly more for each cruise you take.

We sail in balcony cabins or mini-suites on Princess and Aqua on Celebrity and I'm aware that there are lots of people in insides and/or oceanviews getting basically the same cruise as us for a lot less but we know that we've chosen to pay the difference for that aft balcony (Princess) or the dining room (Celebrity).

You've paid significantly more than us and therefore should get benefits commensurate with that.

Anyways, LabGuy - didn't you originally say you're in a Sky Suite?

(Sorry if I'm wrong)

If so, you don't have access to Michael's Club and therefore no access to the concierge in there?

Isn't that a problem?

No,

we are going to be in a Penthouse suite....am going to have to study up to make sure we get full advantage out of everything Celebrity offers at that level. We are excited to be doing our first TA in a Penthouse suite.....should be a lot of fun.

First of all, defending Princess cruisers, we are long time Princess cruisers (so many years I don't want to date myself by saying, but have just sailed Celebrity for the last 8 years or so) and I think those in Suites SHOULD get all the benefits you mentioned.

You are paying significantly more for each cruise you take.

We sail in balcony cabins or mini-suites on Princess and Aqua on Celebrity and I'm aware that there are lots of people in insides and/or oceanviews getting basically the same cruise as us for a lot less but we know that we've chosen to pay the difference for that aft balcony (Princess) or the dining room (Celebrity).

You've paid significantly more than us and therefore should get benefits commensurate with that.

Anyways, LabGuy - didn't you originally say you're in a Sky Suite?

(Sorry if I'm wrong)

If so, you don't have access to Michael's Club and therefore no access to the concierge in there?

Isn't that a problem?

No,

we are going to be in a Penthouse suite....am going to have to study up to make sure we get full advantage out of everything Celebrity offers at that level. We are excited to be doing our first TA in a Penthouse suite.....should be a lot of fun.

Please rethink.

You want you want from your cruise rather than what others may want from theirs. You will have a much better cruise that way. It is always appreciated by your butler, stateroom attendants and the staff in Michael's Club if you are clear about what you want and they will make sure that you get it in bucket loads. Everyone on board wants your cruise to be memorable but none of them can read minds.

Yes, the Penthouse can be a great deal of fun. Take some time to think of what will make it fun for you.