Grand Princess - Twin Bed Configuration Questions

Suburbanette

Does anyone know how the twin beds are set up in a standard 2-person balcony cabin (Baja deck) on the Grand?

Side by side? At right angles on 2 different walls?

Does that set-up lessen the "open space" section within the cabin? Obviously not square-footage wise, but you know what I mean! ;)

How flexible are they with the twin bed configuration (is there another way of doing it)?

Is it possible/allowed to ask that a piece of furniture be removed if desired? I'm thinking of a nightstand or a small table, which is usually not built-in.

I've had trouble finding any photos of the twin bed set-up (all I've seen are queen beds) so a photo would be "Grand" entirely ;) so that I can see what the twin configuration looks like compared to the queen set-up.

Also, are all cabins (in the same category as above) set up the same way? That is, with the desk and TV/fridge console next to the balcony door and the beds closer to the closet/bathroom wall?

Thanks for info, tips, and/or photos!

Does anyone know how the twin beds are set up in a standard 2-person balcony cabin (Baja deck) on the Grand?

Side by side? At right angles on 2 different walls?

Does that set-up lessen the "open space" section within the cabin? Obviously not square-footage wise, but you know what I mean! ;)

How flexible are they with the twin bed configuration (is there another way of doing it)?

Is it possible/allowed to ask that a piece of furniture be removed if desired? I'm thinking of a nightstand or a small table, which is usually not built-in.

I've had trouble finding any photos of the twin bed set-up (all I've seen are queen beds) so a photo would be "Grand" entirely ;) so that I can see what the twin configuration looks like compared to the queen set-up.

Also, are all cabins (in the same category as above) set up the same way? That is, with the desk and TV/fridge console next to the balcony door and the beds closer to the closet/bathroom wall?

Thanks for info, tips, and/or photos!

Look at the standard balcony cabin diagrams. These actually reflect what you will find on the Grand Princess with the smaller closet. In the standard layout you will see a queen bed with a night stand against the bathroom wall. This nightstand is moveable. The queen bed is actually made up by placing two twin beds together with a foam piece between the two halfs. The foam is removed, the section of the queen bed closest to the bathroom will be moved up against the bathroom/closet wall, and the nightstand will be placed between the two twins. The bed closer to the outside wall is not moved. This is the only way. All other furniture in the cabin, except the chairs and a small table, are fixed and can not be moved. Almost all balcony cabins have the exact same interior, but there are a few that are different. To find out if your cabin is different go to the Princess web site. Go to the deck plans for the Grand and click on your cabin. If it is different the difference will show in red. Cabin B429 is an example.

• 2 weeks later...
Look at the standard balcony cabin diagrams. These actually reflect what you will find on the Grand Princess with the smaller closet. In the standard layout you will see a queen bed with a night stand against the bathroom wall. This nightstand is moveable. The queen bed is actually made up by placing two twin beds together with a foam piece between the two halfs. The foam is removed, the section of the queen bed closest to the bathroom will be moved up against the bathroom/closet wall, and the nightstand will be placed between the two twins. The bed closer to the outside wall is not moved. This is the only way. All other furniture in the cabin, except the chairs and a small table, are fixed and can not be moved. Almost all balcony cabins have the exact same interior, but there are a few that are different. To find out if your cabin is different go to the Princess web site. Go to the deck plans for the Grand and click on your cabin. If it is different the difference will show in red. Cabin B429 is an example.

Thanks! That helps. :)