Oriana Questions

LondonTowner

I know I can find the answers to these questions on P and O website, but it isn't the most user friendly.

We are going on the Oriana for the first time, please can you confirm the following:

Are there tea and coffee making facilities in the cabins

Is there a charge for room service. We sometimes like breakfast in our cabin.

Is it correct I can take a bottle of vodka on board to drink in my cabin.

Thank you

Edited by LondonTowner

Some things aren't free on Room Service (the Burgers are £3 ?) but most things are.

You can carry on what you like. My son likes a Coke now and again so we take a shedload on and put it in the fridge. P&O reserve the right to stop you but I think that's so they can filter out potential drunk troublemakers, rather than like some lines which are desperate for you to spend $$$ on their bars.

Tea & Coffee is available. From memory there is not a huge choice of Coffee, it is basic Nescafe type stuff (more choice of teas) so if you like a particular brand you can take some. Also, there is no Hot Chocolate if that is your thing.

Oriana only operates a cold room service galley and as such the dishes available differ from the rest of the fleet.

These are identified on the menu - link in my post #3 above.

Brian

Thanks, I missed that :-)

Can I ask, do you know if Oriana does the 'fixed' menu like Azura and Ventura do, where there are a selection of dishes - steak, chicken, egg mayo etc. that are on the menu every day ?

If you are talking about the main restaurant menu, then all P&O ships have the "always available" items.

Brian

thank you all for your answers.re room service I was thinking of breakfast, but a croissant and coffee would be fine. I don't drink tea or instant coffee, but if there is a kettle and milk in the room I will take some coffee bags.

I know I can find the answers to these questions on P and O website, but it isn't the most user friendly.

We are going on the Oriana for the first time, please can you confirm the following:

Are there tea and coffee making facilities in the cabins

Is there a charge for room service. We sometimes like breakfast in our cabin.

Is it correct I can take a bottle of vodka on board to drink in my cabin.

Thank you

Oriana is a simply beautiful ship and you will fall in love with it. Plenty of tea and coffee (and buscuits) in the room, if you need more just ask. We have coffee delivered every morning at 7.30 though as its nicer and then ice delivered by our steward, just ask and it will be there. Room service is great, the breakfast is amazing and you wont be able to eat it all, just save all the muffins for later! with regards to alcohol, take it in your carry on, never a problem but it is also really cheap to pick up from port. We always take a couple of bottles of champagne and spirit, loads of room in fridge.

Enjoy your cruise and Oriana, so far it is our favourite ship! x

emmajane46

Thank you for your advice. Our cruise is to Iceland, so buying alcohol in port would be more expensive than buying it on the ship, so we will take a couple of bottles with us.

I have read very varied comments about the Oriana, but I am sure we will enjoy our cruise. We paid a very reasonable price, so I am sure it is going to be good value. Really looking forward to it.

Oriana is beautifully elegant even though there are one or two signs of aging (a bit like me I suppose ;) )

The food was superb on my first cruise on her but not as good on the second. Drinks are very pub-price. We brought with us a few bottles of red & white wine along with a bottle of champers but still bought in the bars and dining room.

The only downside for us was that Norovirus struck the ship on both of our cruises. This meant that the dreaded Norovirus suppression elements were in place that put a bit of a dampener on things. I think that I may have had a very mild bout on the last cruise as I lost my appetite and didn't feel up to drinking either. Because of this, my wife has decided that she really doesn't want to go on her again in the short term.

Don't let this put you off though, she really is a lovely old lady.