Explorer of the Seas info?

First time on this lovely class of ships, and I have a few questions?

First off, I would like to know what sets off this ship that other on the fleet, what am I going to see here that's unique to this ship?

Second, I would love to know what sort of entertainment on this ship is the same as others, like the piano players at schooners (spelling?) or the quest like on the indy?

and third and finally, I would love to know who the cruise director on this beauty is?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies xxx

You wll find the ship layout very similar to Indy.

Shows will be also similar to Indy. Production shows, comedians, singers, jugglers, tribute acts, Love & Marriage, Quest, etc.

Cruise Director info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46565349&postcount=2929

Edited by clarea

First time on this lovely class of ships, and I have a few questions?

First off, I would like to know what sets off this ship that other on the fleet, what am I going to see here that's unique to this ship?

Second, I would love to know what sort of entertainment on this ship is the same as others, like the piano players at schooners (spelling?) or the quest like on the indy?

and third and finally, I would love to know who the cruise director on this beauty is?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies xxx

We were on the first cruise after dry dock and the cruise director was Mike Hunnerup and he was absolutely awful in my opinion.. his assistant tanya and he had absolutely no chemistry together whatsoever.. but if the above link is true and you now have Rob Mcnally he is fantastic.. he was on the Adventure with us last year and we loved him. Mike must of been doing the first few weeks.. unless that info is wrong.

The entertainment was not great.. some people were even walking out of shows.. but there is an amazing band called "Horizon" in the star lounge. They are from Toronto and they had the place packed out every night.

Hi,

I am on the Explorer on the 26th July, does anyone know if "horizon" will still be onboard?

The drummer from Horizon is on instagram and when he boarded on 24th april he said he had signed up to a 5 month contract with RCI so i would say yes :)