What would you do

What would you do. I booked the Escape for August 2016 for 13 day cruise. When I booked it I got the UDP with it. Now with all the talk going on about what it covers and what it does not I am having second thoughts. My son who is going with me does not like to dress up so we would be in jeans and nice shirt to eat. On our last 4 cruises we have not even at in the MDR but have done some of the specialties. I can change to getting my gratuitys paid for that would cost me $337.00 now. But who knows what will happen between now and 2016. We like to go to the early shows and then go up to the buffies to eat. That way we can plan our nights out better. Gratuity or specialties.

What would you do. I booked the Escape for August 2016 for 13 day cruise. When I booked it I got the UDP with it. Now with all the talk going on about what it covers and what it does not I am having second thoughts. My son who is going with me does not like to dress up so we would be in jeans and nice shirt to eat. On our last 4 cruises we have not even at in the MDR but have done some of the specialties. I can change to getting my gratuitys paid for that would cost me $337.00 now. But who knows what will happen between now and 2016. We like to go to the early shows and then go up to the buffies to eat. That way we can plan our nights out better. Gratuity or specialties.

Just leave it as is. It makes so sense to change it if you have to pay for the change.

Why on earth would you want to change that? You can both dine in any restaurant any night in nice jeans and a shirt with a collar or blouse of some kind for you. YOU AND YOU SON DON'T HAVE TO DRESS UP!

Jeans r fine just not torn ones.

IMHO, it depends on how much you would use the UDP. The type of dress that you describe would be more than acceptable in the specialty restaurants (I have seen a grown man with shorts on in Le Bistro).

Would it be too much to have to think you both need to 'dress' every day for the specialty restaurants? This is what I would think about in order to make the best decision for you.

Have fun on your cruise no matter what you decide! :)