Silhouette Picture Review: Eastern Caribbean April 2015

laurieal

Wednesday, April 15th - Day 4

Again, I was up bright and early. We would be arriving in St. Kitts around 10:00 and our plan was to get off the ship as soon as possible and get to the meeting point for our Thenford Grey tour early. That way, if we got lost, we wouldn't end up missing it. It was around 6:00. Being creatures of habit, I knew we would all meet around 7:00 for breakfast in the Oceanview Café. That gave me one hour of exploring time, so I decided not to linger in bed.

I started with the Sky Observation Lounge, which had been closed for private functions earlier in the week when I had gone past it. The place was almost empty and it was a great time to visit. With the early morning light and the island we could see not too far away from us, it really was beautiful. It looks like a great place to read and hang out, but I never did. Too many great spots, too little time.

17619180103_e1b35d8e2e_b.jpg

Sky Observation Lounge entrance with an island for me to observe.

18052065450_90550a2a5e_b.jpg

The bar.

18236083102_d2947ef436_b.jpg

No matter where you sit, you're pretty much guaranteed an awesome view.

17617199624_de9e17c83a_b.jpg

For me, the Sky Lounge would be the ideal place to have a nice coffee during a cold weather cruise.

18052008118_da951565ce_b.jpg

It's a beautiful place, really.

18213384276_ac6211b7dd_b.jpg

Looks like there could be some fire burnin' on that dance floor!

Wednesday, April 15th - Day 4, continued

Then, I went around the jogging track and had a quick look at the Mast Grill and Mast Bar. I would have liked to try the Mast Grill at least once. When we hung out at the pool, it always smelled heavenly when they started getting ready for lunch, but we always ended up at the Oceanview Café because the lines at the Mast Grill were so long. Had I been alone, I probably would have gotten in line once to try it, but I chose to hang out with the group.

17617233894_de088a2e2e_b.jpg

Mast Bar.

18241081421_e1efbac1d0_b.jpg

The view from Deck 14 was great!

18077305880_f2247b71f3_b.jpg

Mast Grill: one of the best smelling places on the ship.

After that, I took the elevator to Deck 12 to have another look at the Pool Bar area. It was usually so crowded during the day that I focused on not rolling on anyone's (bare) feet and didn't properly look around.

17617271404_3e81733ebd_b.jpg

Pool Bar is where I discovered the French Caribbean, so it has a place close to my heart.

18052078538_1e6611f8ec_b.jpg

I just cannot stop gushing about the colours in the Pool and Solarium areas.

17619306693_1ac082e208_b.jpg

Good seats. Close to the bar.

While I was on Deck 12, I decided to take a quick peek at the spa and gym. It may or may not have been an excuse to go through the Solarium again. I never got tired of that place. It's the perfect relaxing spot and there are so many different types of loungers or beds that everyone should be able to find their own little cocoon of peace. I certainly did, but that's a story for Day 7.

18053732489_3abda70cec_b.jpg

Some ladies rockin' the bikini before entering the Solarium.

18053742289_fd12b4a1b8_b.jpg

One more of the Solarium pool lift.

18052145098_9d3dc4824f_b.jpg

If you see some steps, there's usually a ramp not too far away.

Another place I probably would have tried if I had been on my own is the Aqua Spa Café. And while I'm on the topic of breakfast, one thing I really want to do during my next cruise is have breakfast in the dining room.

18213500116_81384a5c23_b.jpg

The Aqua Spa Café and their healthy breakfast options.

Unsurprisingly, there wasn't anyone at the Spa counter, but I could still have a quick look around.

17619371483_b115c8a262_b.jpg

Approaching the Canyon Ranch SpaClub.

18052255680_8ea19f92e9_b.jpg

Where they will take care of all your body rubbin' needs.

The changing rooms were deserted, thankfully. It's never fun to have a creep with a camera taking a leisurely stroll while one is changing. I thought it was very accessible with not only a restroom, but also a large shower with a bench. I decided not to show those pictures to the shower in my own cabin, fearing it would make it feel insecure.

18052274900_05ba5b8a29_b.jpg

Lockers and primping counter.

18213572396_ddcc2ccdc1_b.jpg

Changing rooms. Showers to the left and toilets to the right.

18053815879_590f2a0500_b.jpg

Changing room sinks with the accessible toilet stall reflected in the mirror.

17617455314_cbda175b67_b.jpg

You can see the shower stalls in this one.

18240067195_f7c03ef16d_b.jpg

Accessible shower stall with room for at least fifteen.

The sauna was also very large with plenty of space to accommodate a wheelchair. Had I chosen to use it, I would have transferred and sat on one of the wooden benches.

17617436544_8c724fbf93_b.jpg

The sauna was very inviting.

17617444734_4705f3a002_b.jpg

Let's just add that to the list of things I want to try during my next cruise.

Next on my list was the gym. I was curious to see if they had a handcycle cardio machine. I was a bit disappointed to see that they didn't. Not that I would have gone to the gym during that cruise, but I could see myself spending some time at the gym during a solo cruise. Now that I think of it, that's pretty much the best excuse not to do your cardio. They do, however, have a bunch of free weights and strength training machines that would have been easy to transfer onto. Oh, well. Maybe next time.

Oi! I can hear you laughing at my cruise newbie naïveté. Quit it!

17617463684_2bbd709e4b_b.jpg

Entering the gym.

From the gym, you can access the Spa Veranda at the front of the ship. I was excited to check it out, but it was so windy that I literally couldn't push myself, which made a few people in the gym chuckle. Needless to say I didn't linger. I don't have any pictures of the gym because it was extremely crowded when I went there and I'm not comfortable enough writing reviews and taking pictures to be that person taking pictures of all the motivated and sweaty people.

It was almost 7:00, so I headed back to Deck 14 to meet my travelling peeps. Mom and Aunt were already there, and Aunt was very excited about the lovely islands we were passing. Again, I ate all the bacon, this time with the tiny croissants they had. After breakfast, we went back to our cabins to watch us sail into St. Kitts.

18240119555_0674c3b53d_b.jpg

Getting closer.

We could see another ship already in port and while I could see that it was Royal Caribbean, I couldn't see which one it was. It looked big, though. As we were pulling into port, I could see the yellow building that would be the meeting point for our tour, so it was reassuring to see that it would be very easy to find.

18052375050_f2625a00f3_b.jpg

Unable to stand still, I decided to head up to Deck 14 to take a look at the other ship. It was BIG! I couldn't believe how close we were! I was a bit nosy for a while and had a look at what the people were doing on their balconies, hoping to catch someone picking their nose or scratching their butt. Sadly, everyone was very well behaved.

18240145055_8b1c26868e_b.jpg

I'm watching you!

I consider myself a connoisseur of cruise reviews and I put yours in the top 5, but you get added points for not being a native English speaker and for raising my awareness of mobility issues so that puts you at the very top. (The trophy is in the mail.) The photos are great, the details are well thought out and the comments are snappy.

How have I, who spends way too much time at work reading Cruise Critic, missed this review so far?

We set sail on our first Celebrity cruise in 42 days. It's been a couple of years since our last cruise (DCL) and I'm way overdue for some adventure and having someone else plan the menus and clear the table.

Thank you for an extremely enjoyable morning reading this.

It wasn't long before we were ready to get off the ship and it looked like it would be a lot less chaotic than the day before. Thinking the elevators would be in very high demand, we decided to go up to Deck 14 before going down to Deck 5 where we would be disembarking. It was the right thing to do. We had no trouble catching an elevator on Deck 14, but it was completely full by the time we reached Deck 10. By then, I was squished at the back taking deep breaths and thinking about French Caribbeans.

Disembarking went smoothly. This time I wasn't in such a hurry, so I could pay attention to what was going on. Someone from Celebrity told me to wait to the side while they were fetching a big, strong man to help me with the steep gangway. I don't know if it's always like that, but every time it was a Pool Butler. When he was ready, they scanned my SeaPass and the big, strong man wheeled me down.

With two ships docked at the same pier, it was a very special feeling. I loved being surrounded by those sea giants forming a ship corridor. With half an hour to spare before we had to meet our tour guide and the meeting point in sight, we were in no hurry and we took the time to take plenty of pictures.

18080416350_c36ba90e8e_b.jpg

Silhouette and Independence of the Seas making a ship corridor.

18052310748_00e68cc16b_b.jpg

The colour of the water was very pretty. Yes, I know, I'm obsessed with colours!

Then, we headed to the well-known yellow building in Port Zante. It took less than a minute to find the dude holding the "Thenford Grey" sign. Success! We had a look around, but didn't dare stray too far from the meeting point.

18241462371_587ef1e8ac_b.jpg

You know which yellow building I'm talking about. This picture was taken from the other side (you can see the ships behind it), but it looks exactly the same when you are coming from the pier.

18052416150_69776b54e3_b.jpg

Where we met the guy holding the "Thenford Grey" sign. The man in the checked blue shirt would be our tour guide for the day.

The excursion was due to start at 11:00, but we were approached by our guide before then. He told us that it would only be the four of us with him and, although his name was Calvin, he asked us to call him Charlie because we were all his angels. Seemed legit. Charlie it was. I immediately liked him and felt like we would be in good hands. Unlike the driver and guide from the day before, he looked like he was happy to be there.

We had booked this tour for two reasons. They had an accessible vehicle and fantastic reviews on Trip Advisor. Their accessible vehicle is actually a regular Toyota Hiace 16-seater mini-bus, but they fold six seats to accommodate a wheelchair. They also have a foldable ramp to get the wheelchair (and its user, preferably) into the vehicle. Several people from our roll call had booked the same tour, but they all fit in the regular bus, so we had the accessible vehicle to ourselves.

Getting into the mini-bus was a breeze. Charlie looked like he had used the ramp before and it was reassuring to see him being so comfortable with the equipment. He pushed me up the ramp, because it was pretty steep, and I made myself comfortable in the "back seat". Unlike the bus from the day before, this one wasn't equipped with anchorages, so I had to lock the brakes and hold on to the seat in front of me to make sure I didn't move around too much.

18213725726_474e4b8dfc_b.jpg

Looking at the ramp from inside the mini-bus.

17645545864_63d6183e74_b.jpg

My view from the back of the mini-bus.

Soon, we were off! Charlie told us about Basseterre and St. Kitts in general as we were getting out of the Port Zante area. Our first stop was a quick photo op. He parked on the side of the road where we had a nice, unobstructed view of our ship. I stayed in the mini-bus because it was just a quick stop and it wasn't an ideal place to use the ramp. We were basically half on the road and I need to get hit by a car like I need a third leg.

18213713506_14b735f766_b.jpg

The Silhouette docked in St. Kitts.

Charlie kept a running commentary as he was driving, but sometimes it was a bit difficult for me to hear him since I was all the way in the back. However, what I could hear was very interesting. On the way, we passed a tree decorated with empty alcohol bottles, which I thought was a great idea. I'm considering doing the same thing in my apartment.

17617690844_f40b9175ce_b.jpg

That's a lot of ex-alcohol.

We stopped at Romney Manor and Caribelle Batik Shop. Charlie made sure he was parked as close to the trail leading to the garden as possible. With his help, getting off the mini-bus was very easy, but the trail was rough with very uneven stones placed (seemingly) randomly on the ground. Nothing insurmountable for someone tackling it alone, as long as they have a strong pair of arms. I was happy to have help! Once in the garden, it was a lot of grass and uneven ground, with a paved trail. Not a pleasure to roll on, but what a feast for the eyes! I was blown away by (what else) the colours!

18270389231_6ebdce4684_b.jpg

Entering the garden.

18269052555_79ae0d07ce_b.jpg

The garden has two levels. I'm on the upper level photographing the lower one. I think the only way to get to the lower level is stairs, but I didn't really look for an accessible path, so don't quote me on that.

17619619773_b3255bc574_b.jpg

Fountain in the garden.

17619641503_214d1b6afa_b.jpg

The paved trail started beside the fountain.

18052547930_7921d04a45_b.jpg

Batik.

Mom went inside and saw the ladies making batik, but to be honest, I didn't even look for an accessible entrance. Although a sign on the door says 'exit only', I think it was the only place where you could enter that didn't involve stairs. I wouldn't bet my life on it, though. It was a very hot day and I mostly just hung around the fountain hoping the wind would blow my way and splash me.

18082963849_ea43d849b6_b.jpg

Inside the Batik shop.

17617680514_22244d6a5d_b.jpg

The sign on the door says exit only, but there's a ramp. You could probably use that door to get inside.

18270467851_81c69c35cf_b.jpg

Enormous tree!

17617716854_7ea283af7f_b.jpg

The stairs that will take you to the lower level.

18242642676_624a70ceaf_b.jpg

There's a stone tower in the garden, but there are stairs to access it.

If you followed one of the paved trails, there was a spot where you could buy refreshments and there were a few tables in the shade. A very calm and relaxing spot, but we didn't stay there very long. The garden was just too pretty.

That's it for now. My pace is terrible this morning and I have to go out for a while. The rest of Day 4 will be posted either tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Hope the sun is shining where you are and that your cruise planning is going well. Have a fantastic Saturday! :D

I consider myself a connoisseur of cruise reviews and I put yours in the top 5, but you get added points for not being a native English speaker and for raising my awareness of mobility issues so that puts you at the very top. (The trophy is in the mail.) The photos are great, the details are well thought out and the comments are snappy.

How have I, who spends way too much time at work reading Cruise Critic, missed this review so far?

We set sail on our first Celebrity cruise in 42 days. It's been a couple of years since our last cruise (DCL) and I'm way overdue for some adventure and having someone else plan the menus and clear the table.

Thank you for an extremely enjoyable morning reading this.

Wow, thank you! I'm very flattered! Is the trophy chocolate? I really hope it's chocolate...

I would love to go on a Northern Europe cruise one day. I'm sure you'll have a great time, especially since it's been too long since the last one.

Thanks for reading! I'm glad you like my review :)

When our time was up, we returned to the bus where Charlie was waiting for us. Our next stop would be Brimstone Hill, but there was plenty to see before we got there and Charlie had plenty to tell us. The drive through St. Kitts was very twisty and turny. Without my sea bands, I would have felt terrible.

On the way to Brimstone Hill, I learned the difference between a goat and a sheep. I know what you're thinking: that poor child! Never learned the difference between a goat and a sheep! Well, in my old animal books, sheep were woolly and fluffy, but the sheep we saw during the drive looked exactly like goats. From afar, they were identical. Thankfully, Charlie was there to teach me that sheep's tails hang down loose while goats have tails that stick up in the air.

There. Now you, too, can differentiate sheep and goats in St. Kitts. Don't say I never taught you anything.

The drive up to Brimstone Hill was particularly crazy. The road was very narrow and most of the time only one vehicle could get through at a time. There were, however, a few spots where one could pull over to let another vehicle pass. To avoid collisions, Charlie had to honk to let other potential drivers know that we were coming. We didn't meet anyone, but I did get to see a monkey that was chillin' by the side of the road. Apparently there are more monkey than people on the island.

When we arrived at the top, Charlie directed us to a small building where we had to sit quietly and watch a short movie about the fortress before exiting through the gift shop. The best thing about this place, for me, was the semi-accessible restroom. You need to ask the gift shop attendants to unlock the door for you. Reaching the sink was a challenge, but for a quick stop during an excursion, it was preferably fine.

18236643142_0aa55f2069_b.jpg

Where you have to sit quietly and watch the movie.

18052552818_ffa76ddf8d_b.jpg

Toilet next to the gift shop.

18054181619_933b965ab6_b.jpg

No room under the sink, but still doable.

18240439515_9a9a08b35c_b.jpg

Building where the movie room and gift shop are. You can't see it in the picture, but there's a ramp so getting in and out was easy enough.

Before booking this excursion, I knew I wouldn't be able to reach the top of the fort. I had assumed I would have other things to look at while the travelling peeps explored the top. Brimstone Hill far surpassed my expectations. The views were outstanding and I had plenty of time to do some exploring of my own. This is also where I took THE picture. You know THE picture. It's the one you use as your wallpaper on your work computer.

18052665820_47e18c212f_b.jpg

I continued down that path to the road from which we arrived.

17617813274_ae7af52f42_b.jpg

Look at the colour of that water! (It's actually a drinking game. Every time I mention colours, you have to take a sip of something)

18236759552_b75a74f182_b.jpg

From the road, looking right to the Prince of Wales Bastion.

17619850133_cd49fffd7f_b.jpg

From the road, looking left to the Artillery Officers Quarters.

18118542088_beed1ee828_b.jpg

The Artillery Officers Quarters would make a great picnic spot if you had more time to spend there.

18307746801_46912872af_b.jpg

Mountains!

18241835101_1b3c29fee7_b.jpg

Looking up at Fort George Citadel with the Orientation Center and Canteen at the foot of the hill.

18240524105_52d7dc0431_b.jpg

If you decide to go up, here's what's awaiting you.

18214053456_d31d3d1d01_b.jpg

The view from the top is very pretty.

18240561415_65cbbf8a46_b.jpg

And there's a bell you can ring.

17684362784_2823b1cab6_b.jpg

One last picture from the top.

While we were there, we were joined by the other bus guided by no other than Mr Grey himself. While Mom, Friend and Aunt were playing explorer at the top of the fort, I chatted a bit with some people from the roll call. They were all very nice and were also having a splendid time on their tour. One of them was celebrating her birthday on that day, and Mr Grey had decorated his bus for the occasion, which I thought was a nice gesture.

17686511313_2aeaee6555_b.jpg

Mr Grey's van.

I also chatted with Mr Grey who wanted to know if I liked the tour and the accessible mini-bus. He said he would like to own a bus with a lift one day, which would be great for people who use electrical wheelchair. I told him the mini-bus with the ramp was working really well for our group, though. I also got to thank him for being so patient with my dozens of questions while I was planning our day in St. Kitts (seriously, I think I emailed him six times). He asked what I was doing back home and he predicted that I would make enough money to retire by the time I hit 25. Far from the truth, but hey, he thought I looked younger than 25. I wasn't about to start arguing.

We got plenty of time at Brimstone Hill and all of us got to see everything we wanted to see (and more). It was great not to feel rushed like we had been the day before at Castillo de San Cristóbal. We got back into the mini-bus and talked Charlie's ears off about how beautiful the island was and how impressed we were with what we had seen so far. Charlie had some cool bottles of water for us, which we appreciated after roasting in the hot sun for a while.

17617746214_f49bddbb32_b.jpg

Charlie's mini-van at Brimstone Hill.

Our next stop was Timothy Hill, which I knew Aunt was very excited to see. Again, I stayed in the bus, but the three others got loads of pictures where you can see both the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. The view was lovely, but unlike Timothy Hill, it's not a place where you can hang out and enjoy life. It's really just a small spot at the side of the road with people selling stuff and a donkey with glasses. The spot itself was a bit disappointing and I had no desire to get out. Maybe it's because I had seen so many pictures of the view, but I found that stop underwhelming.

18241859741_f4a2034e21_b.jpg

The view from Timothy Hill.

Then, we headed to Carambola Beach Club. None of us was interested in spending hours at the beach, but Aunt wanted to dip one of her toes into the Caribbean Sea for the first time. While the three other ladies were dipping various body parts into the sea, I had a look around. Perhaps we would have spent more time there if the beach club had had one of those beach wheelchairs, but they didn't and it seemed like more trouble than it was worth for me to join them in the sand.

18052847140_77025c91ef_b.jpg

Carambola Beach Club pretty much looks like an ad for beer.

17617974354_0a3525d7bf_b.jpg

There's a ramp that will take you to the beach if you want to go.

17620010503_54d1e52364_b.jpg

The beach looked lovely.

18261221532_23646217ab_b.jpg

Or you could stay inside and have a drink or a bite to eat.

17618000054_f8467d6d2c_b.jpg

My view from inside.

18240628455_120b82a124_b.jpg

Just in case you weren't 100% convinced that the beach club was a beer ad. I mean, look at those umbrellas and the boat.

I thought the beach club was very clean and inviting, the water had a nice colour and the beach also seemed clean and pleasant. While I was waiting for my travelling peeps, I chatted for a while with more people from the roll call who were also on the tour with Mr Grey. They were the nicest people ever and it would be a pleasure to run into them again during the rest of the cruise. Like us, they didn't feel like spending ages at the beach, so they left just a little bit before we did. People who wanted to enjoy the beach a bit more could stay and Mr Grey would come back to pick them up a bit later. I thought it was a great way to do it; no one is forced to do something they don't want to do because of other people on the same tour. I would honestly recommend that tour wholeheartedly.

When my travelling peeps were done with the dipping of the various body parts, we got back to Charlie and his bus, and he brought us back to the port. It was such a different experience from the one we had had in San Juan the day before; I was absolutely enchanted by Charlie and the tour and while I wouldn't book the same tour again (been there, done that), I would book with Thenford Grey again if they have other accessible tours and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Charlie brought us back to the port with plenty of time to spare before all aboard time. We did a bit of shopping and I got a St. Kitts shooter glass for my friend. If you are looking for free WIFI in Port Zante, you won't have to look far before you find it. Plenty of shops have it and we had no trouble at all connecting to one of the networks.

17620034463_8e20fe1633_b.jpg

Here's the shop whose WIFI we used.

18052931760_ce061f494f_b.jpg

If you need a little pick-me-up after your excursion, you'll have no trouble finding it.

18236950692_16a7f776ab_b.jpg

Walking around Port Zante for about an hour was alright, but I wouldn't want to spend a day there. I know it's like comparing apples and oranges, but I thought it lacked some of San Juan's charm.

18236980882_5d457f590d_b.jpg

Some parts of the port reminded me or Niagara Falls or Virginia Beach.

18240719295_7dc03a6ae0_b.jpg

Seeing the Silhouette after a long day was like a breath of fresh air.

18236991082_4ded60d2a7_b.jpg

So close! I could almost feel the AC.

If you want to have your picture taken with monkeys, Port Zante is the place to go. There were plenty of guys walking around with tiny monkeys and you could have your picture taken with them.

Accessibility-wise, what I saw of Port Zante is excellent. A few stores have one step to enter them, but you can usually find the same stuff in more than one spot, so it's not really a problem. I saw some restrooms in the yellow building, but I didn't need to use them so I can't vouch for them or their accessibility. Just know that there are some over there.

We had a group of motorcyclists on the cruise with us WITH their motorcycles! I had no idea it was possible and I was hoping I would get to see the motorcycles come out of the ship. Unfortunately, I didn't, but we saw them arriving at Port Zante and it was quite a sight! It's such an amazing way to travel if you're into cruising and motorcycling.

17618113394_e34b244c55_b.jpg

The motorcycles were searched before they could reenter the ship.

Getting back on the ship was, again, very easy. We went to our respective cabins for a shower and a change of clothes, and then we met at the Sunset Bar for sail away. I asked a bartender to make me a perfect sail away cocktail and I ended up with another French Caribbean. While the bartender at the Pool Bar had used mango purée, this one used passion fruit instead. I'm still not 100% sure which one I enjoyed more; they were both delicious. Drink in hand, I watched as we pushed away from the pier.

I liked this sail away better than the one in San Juan because the sun was still up and there were more things to see. We were graced with a beautiful sunset, which also made the experience memorable. I had a fantastic time in St. Kitts, thanks to Charlie and the tour. However, unlike San Juan, I don't get this unfinished feeling and the urge to return. If I am ever docked in St. Kitts again, I will be happy about it and will find something else interesting to do, but if that day ends up being the only time I'm in St. Kitts, that's also fine.

18240776105_55ae68c1fc_b.jpg

Goodbye, St. Kitts.

By then, we were ravenous and we headed to the dining room. That night was the first time that we specifically asked to be seated in the same section as the other times, even if it meant waiting. We had grown too attached to our dining room team to sit elsewhere. Luckily, we didn't have to wait at all and were guided to the same table as the two previous times. We hadn't seen our waiters the night before, so we were missing them like crazy.

That night, dinner for me was:

18240782715_6ea4f30717_b.jpg

Celebrity Signature Crab Cake.

18240789425_a91d0ec326_b.jpg

Cream of Broccoli with Cheddar Cheese Crostini.

18054573039_dedb1e97e3_b.jpg

Braised Beef Short Ribs with Creamy Truffle Polenta, Peas, Carrots and Shiitake Mushroom.

Sadly, I was too full for dessert. Remembering my resolution not to eat so much I felt like a potato, I decided to abstain. When I told our assistant waiter, Dejan, I didn't want anything for dessert, it didn't sit well with him and he decided to bring me a very special dessert.

18242085541_44b3cd2612_b.jpg

Here's what happens when you don't finish your vegetables. You get nothing for dessert.

It looks like it's a Celebrity-wide joke: my mother had seen someone get the same dessert on her Solstice cruise a few months before. We still thought it was very funny.

That night, Mom asked Dejan whether she could bring him back home. She meant as a son, but immediately my mind went elsewhere and I asked him: "Are you my new daddy?" From that point on, he would call me his daughter or his little girl whenever we saw each other. What a goofball!

We didn't linger after dinner. It had been a very full and exciting day, and we wanted to be top-shape for St. Maarten the next day where, weather permitting, I would try parasailing for the first time. I pretty much fell asleep the moment my head hit the pillow.

Next up, Sint Maarten where the following questions will be answered: will the parasailing happen? Is Guavaberry rum delicious? How does one get accidentally drunk before dinner?

Thank you for following!

Thanks so much for such a great review. We sail on the Silhouette in five months. My husband isn't confined to a wheelchair but does use an electric scooter, especially on the big ships. This review has really helped me be prepared for things for him. Plus you are very entertaining which is how I love to read reviews.

Thanks so much for such a great review. We sail on the Silhouette in five months. My husband isn't confined to a wheelchair but does use an electric scooter' date=' especially on the big ships. This review has really helped me be prepared for things for him. Plus you are very entertaining which is how I love to read reviews.[/quote']

I'm glad my review could help (and that you are enjoying it). Thanks for reading [emoji4]

I'm here too!

Lol -- you look exactly like a friend of mine ... just that her eyes are green and not blue .... very odd :).

The weelchair perspective is so interesting, since I must admit that otherwise I hardly ever think about carpets or pool lifts or Hannibal Lekter chairs:D. Thank you for adding more depth to what's around us.

:D:cool::DLol -- and besides that of course thank you for an overall simply brilliant cruise review!

Stef

Most entertaining! Keep up the good work.

Thank you! I'm very glad you like my review so far.

I'm here too!

Lol -- you look exactly like a friend of mine ... just that her eyes are green and not blue .... very odd :).

The weelchair perspective is so interesting, since I must admit that otherwise I hardly ever think about carpets or pool lifts or Hannibal Lekter chairs:D. Thank you for adding more depth to what's around us.

:D:cool::DLol -- and besides that of course thank you for an overall simply brilliant cruise review!

Stef

Have your friend and I ever been seen in the same place at the same time? Just saying... Maybe I am your friend (with blue contacts).

I'm happy you like my review! Thanks for stopping by! :D

Laurie, I just stumbled upon this today as I spend most of my time on the Princess Board.

I'm taking my first non-Princess cruise next January and it is on this ship and this itinerary and your review has got me drooling, but I have a roll of Bounty Towels here so not as messy as it could be.

It's a great pot-boiler, page-turner narrative and the photos could not be crisper or more evocative.

I'm loving it!

Nice job.

Thank you!

Norris

Hi Laurie,

I just spent the most of my Wednesday evening reading your wonderful Trip Report. Can't wait for the rest. Just don't take as long as I did to finish it. :D Thanks for the honorary mention earlier in your Trip Report.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

On the way to Brimstone Hill, I learned the difference between a goat and a sheep. I know what you're thinking: that poor child! Never learned the difference between a goat and a sheep! Well, in my old animal books, sheep were woolly and fluffy, but the sheep we saw during the drive looked exactly like goats. From afar, they were identical. Thankfully, Charlie was there to teach me that sheep's tails hang down loose while goats have tails that stick up in the air.

We took a tour to Nevis, which have the same sheep/goats. Our guide explained that the different tails indicate that the goats are ready, but the sheep are just thinking about it.:D

Loving your photos & you are a terrific writer!