Fitness Center on Reflection

addybelle

What types of equipment do they have in the fitness center? I'm hoping there's more than just treadmills and elliptical machines. Are there any dumbbells, kettlebells, stability balls or other weightlifting machinery?

We are gym people. The Reflection has the BEST gym at sea we have seen. There are dumbbells, stability balls, a Bosu ball, weight benches, and a pretty good set of Life Fitness machines in addition to the cardio equipment. I did not see any kettlebells. There is also a rack with free weights. There is plenty of space between machines to spread out, stretch, and do traveling moves. Celebrity supplies towels, cooled towels, water and wipes. True of most sea gyms, the ceiling is low and it could use some fans. The gym was crowded in the mornings. Late afternoons were a good time. My overall favorite time is right after boarding, it's like a private gym except for the sightseers :-) From my perspective, the gym was clean, well maintained, & had a very good feel about it.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know can the indoor spinning bikes be used when there is no class on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure on Reflection but on the Summit the real spinning bikes were for classes only. There were other bikes (a few recumbent too) available all the time.

Does anyone know can the indoor spinning bikes be used when there is no class on?

No. Last time I was on Reflection, they were not available for use outside of scheduled classes (which are NOT worth it). Speaking as someone who goes to spin class regularly at home: don't pay the money on board! I have tried the classes on a few different ships, and have given up. There is absolutely no choreography...just an instructor saying "tension up! speed up!". It was really quite bad. Do your own thing in the fitness centre on board and reserve spinning for the qualified instructors in your local gym.

My two cents,

Shawn

No. Last time I was on Reflection, they were not available for use outside of scheduled classes (which are NOT worth it). Speaking as someone who goes to spin class regularly at home: don't pay the money on board! I have tried the classes on a few different ships, and have given up. There is absolutely no choreography...just an instructor saying "tension up! speed up!". It was really quite bad. Do your own thing in the fitness centre on board and reserve spinning for the qualified instructors in your local gym.

My two cents,

Shawn

Thanks Shawn. Was hoping they would be available as would do my own training. Completely agree about not paying for the classes. I have really good instructors in my own gym and would just feel 'had' if I paid for something not as good.

Reflection is the only S-Class ship with a smith press, unfortunately.

Plus they have TRX in the smaller rooms - so the gym on Reflection is a real upgrade from the other gyms on Solstice, Equinox etc.

However, the gyms on the older S-Class ships are still good!

Reflection is the only S-Class ship with a smith press, unfortunately.

Plus they have TRX in the smaller rooms - so the gym on Reflection is a real upgrade from the other gyms on Solstice, Equinox etc.

However, the gyms on the older S-Class ships are still good!

Is TRX available for use without taking classes and without upcharge fee?

Is TRX available for use without taking classes and without upcharge fee?

It was on our cruise on the Reflection, at least we have been there when it was empty or only one person inside. Don't know if they changed it in the meantime as we sailed the Reflection two years ago and before everything in the spa was changed to Canyon Ranch. You might want to ask one of the recent roll calls.

Edited by UniPac

My two cents,

Shawn

Thanks for your post. My wife and I didn't get to do a spin class on our last cruise aboard the Reflection. We were making plans to do so on our upcoming trip. Looks like we just saved a few dollars and some frustration.

Thanks for your post. My wife and I didn't get to do a spin class on our last cruise aboard the Reflection. We were making plans to do so on our upcoming trip. Looks like we just saved a few dollars and some frustration.

We didn't mind the instructor for spin - its not amazing but in our opinion it was better than no instruction. What upset us was the sign up process. You can only sign up one day in advance - unless you buy a gym package. By the time we were told this (during spin class #1) every bike in every class had been booked for the cruise by people who bought the package. So we hauled our spin shoes etc with us for one class. If there is that much demand, have extra classes or get more bikes!

• 1 month later...
We didn't mind the instructor for spin - its not amazing but in our opinion it was better than no instruction. What upset us was the sign up process. You can only sign up one day in advance - unless you buy a gym package. By the time we were told this (during spin class #1) every bike in every class had been booked for the cruise by people who bought the package. So we hauled our spin shoes etc with us for one class. If there is that much demand, have extra classes or get more bikes!

Hm. What's the gym package? How much was it, do you know?

It's important to me to get to the spin and TRX classes, I didn't know there was a package of some sort.

Great pictures! Many thanks.

Any thoughts on timing and how to avoid crowds? I'm on a medically directed fitness program that requires a couple of 20+ minutes treadmill sets plus some stretching and other individual exercises. I'm a morning person and happy to be there at 7 or so, but other times might be welcome as well.

Thanks for any ideas based on your own experiences.

• 1 year later...

What does the fitness center on stolstice have in terms of free weights? I don't mean machines. How heavy do the dumbells go? Do they have kettlebells and if so how heavy? Any preset weight bars? I saw those on a couple of NCL ships.