Cabin allocated A726 BD - Royal Princess is this an ok spot?

Flo71

I booked a BZ guarantee which would have meant a forward balcony cabin on marina or Lido deck - which although currently listed as obstructed aren't.

I did contact Princess by email twice to say that I wanted to stay in that category BZ but seemed to get the same generic reply each time not really answering or replying to my exact request.

I have been allocted a balcony cabin on Aloha deck A726 which is very aft. Is this an ok deck and location, will there be problems with soot on deck?

Thanks in advance, Donna

I have been studying deck plans and seems cabins above and below, with lifts fairly close by to get up to buffet, pool and kids clubs easily.

So still wondering abou the soot problem and whether the aft lifts go down to a floor where you can walk through to the atrium/piaza or would we need to walk through on Aloha deck to middle lifts? Looks like we are a good distance from international cafe :( so no just popping down for morning coffe and bun.

I'd be happy with your cabin assignment & have not heard of any soot issues on cabins located on the side of the ship. You're 3 decks below Lido deck where the buffet is located & we'd much prefer aft over forward cabins...particularly my motion sickness prone wife because the front of the ship would experience more motion.

The midship elevators do not go above deck 7 & that's another advantage of your cabin. The aft elevators go between deck 17 & 6 including deck 7 (Promenade) where you can walk inside the entire length of the ship.

It is further away from the IC but the walk will burn off a few calories from your food. ;) Or you can go to the buffet with even more food options & the free filtered coffee made from ground coffee.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'd be happy with your cabin assignment & have not heard of any soot issues on cabins located on the side of the ship. You're 3 decks below Lido deck where the buffet is located & we'd much prefer aft over fore cabins...particularly my motion sickness prone wife because the front of the ship would experience more motion.

The midship elevators do not go above deck 7 & that's another advantage of your cabin. The aft elevators go to deck 6 (only to the Allegro traditional dining room) or deck 7 (Promenade) where you can walk inside the entire length of the ship. It is further away from the IC but the walk will burn off a few calories from your food. ;)

:D I am an early riser and I expect even with a balcony I will do a lot of early morning trotting around the ship. Although without hubby coming on this trip I don't have to be as quiet early mornings in the cabin.

I am just too excited :o:o

:D I am an early riser and I expect even with a balcony I will do a lot of early morning trotting around the ship. Although without hubby coming on this trip I don't have to be as quiet early mornings in the cabin.

I am just too excited :o:o

Have a great cruise & hope you'll enjoy the Royal as much as we have during our month (2 cruises) onboard. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I have been studying deck plans and seems cabins above and below, with lifts fairly close by to get up to buffet, pool and kids clubs easily.

So still wondering abou the soot problem and whether the aft lifts go down to a floor where you can walk through to the atrium/piaza or would we need to walk through on Aloha deck to middle lifts? Looks like we are a good distance from international cafe :( so no just popping down for morning coffe and bun.

We were in the aft area on Caribe deck,balcony cabin C711, on the Regal.

Since it is a sister ship,I am assuming that Royal has a similar layout and offers similar services.

It was easy to get to the HC buffet.

They had an area in the pastry section where they would make the specialty coffees and fresh brewed coffee that they make in the IC.

No need to go down to the piazza for "good" coffee at breakfast time.

We never had a problem with the aft elevators.

The cabin location is also convenient to the laundry room,if you are so inclined to do laundry on vacation!

We were in the aft area on Caribe deck,balcony cabin C711, on the Regal.

Since it is a sister ship,I am assuming that Royal has a similar layout and offers similar services.

It was easy to get to the HC buffet.

They had an area in the pastry section where they would make the specialty coffees and fresh brewed coffee that they make in the IC.

No need to go down to the piazza for "good" coffee at breakfast time.

We never had a problem with the aft elevators.

The cabin location is also convenient to the laundry room,if you are so inclined to do laundry on vacation!

Thanks sounds great, we found it odd on Celebrity that they have no laundry but we managed and I am now planning to manage without on every cruise lol ;)