Upgrade After Final Payment

MrBill64

How does it work through travel agents? Do they do the calling for you especially if we already got a deal through our TA? Thanks

I did this just this week - sent my TA an email that the price had dropped almost 3K. He called NCL and I went from a cat SI to a cat SD. I was able to keep my OBC of $400.00 that I got when I booked. We sail in July of this year on POA.

Edited by Imalismom

I tried this last week with no luck. I called to try and upgrade from our mini suite to a penthouse suite that was now listed a few hundred dollars cheaper than what we paid for our mini. She said that we would have to pay an additonal thousand dollars for the upgrade. I never did understand this. She said that we would lose our ksf promo..but the price at 1200 times 3 people still was coming out less...I just didnt get it.

Was it a ta or through ncl? Id call back- we just had ours adjusted for no problem!

No agent..just booked through ncl. Wasnt trying to get an adjustment or anything. I just wanted to upgrade without having to pay a lot more.

I got in the habit of checking new fares daily for our upcoming cruise. We started in an inside cabin with $25 OBC. Several price drops and upgrades later and now we are in a suite with OBC, UDP, UBP, and prepaid gratuities - all for only $100 more pp. The prices were obviously pretty high when we booked last year pretty far in advance but pretty darn happy with how it turned out.

Woot with some happy news!

Contacted my TA yesterday letting him know I've been stalking the fares daily for our 6/14 Pearl sailing. Wanted to see if he could pull strings to get us a balcony for $500 or less,as even though it keeps going down little by little,we're running out of daylight and it's still over $1300 total to upgrade outright.

Sure enough, NCL confirmed they will give us a balcony for $500! Obviously,we have to hope we end up in a decent stateroom,but since front/ back doesn't seem to affect us,I'm not going to worry too much...over the moon excited! Knee isn't healing as fast as I hoped,so we may have more relaxing time on our hands than hiking time...

I wish I didn't stink at keeping exciting secrets. I would love for wife to be surprised. I think I'd burst before then :)

Lol...double woot!

TA just got back to me....they did it for $400 instead of $500 and they gave us a B2 assignment right away instead of a BX. Very happy with the location! Not under/ over anything but staterooms .

The day has been good to me :)

Nice!!!!

We also did an upgrade on our reservation. The price went down $100 pp and we noticed that in order to get into the Spa there is an extra charge of $45 pp/day, but if you're in a Spa Balcony it's included, so we upgraded for $200 more. Don't hv anymore info, TA is giving us the docs. in a few days.

😊😊

A few days ago I upgraded from a balcony to an aft balcony suite on my 6/6 Alaska sailing for just $50. Our upgrade includes an additional $125 OBC, and the addition of UBP and UDP. Couldn't be happier.

Wow!! That's a great score! Aft balcony is definitely a cruise dream of mine. I would have loved to sail on the 6/7 sailing,as that's both of our birthdays and our 7 th Anniversary,but the kids are still in school. I suspect that's also why the 6/14 sailing appears to be more full,and along with it,smaller fare drops in the last few weeks-

It's very possible I might have gotten a bit of a better deal next week,but I didn't want to chance it and possibly lose the deal. I thought for a second about mini suite if it wasn't much more,but then I noticed some of them are obstructed view and I would be really bummed if we had that assigned. I will still watch daily,because I guess you never know :)

Have a wonderful trip on that gorgeous aft balcony!

Nice!!!!

We also did an upgrade on our reservation. The price went down $100 pp and we noticed that in order to get into the Spa there is an extra charge of $45 pp/day, but if you're in a Spa Balcony it's included, so we upgraded for $200 more. Don't hv anymore info, TA is giving us the docs. in a few days.

😊😊

Another great score! Looks like patience can win out in the end! Enjoy all of that spa time!

I know this sounds crazy, but is there any way to ask for OBC instead of an upgrade? We have 2 connecting inside cabins booked, mid-ship, on the BA in July. We don't want to lose the connecting rooms for one cabin (love the two bathrooms and the privacy with our two sons), and we love the location we chose as well. Booked through a TA.