Age for Solarium pool?

msaprib

We are cruising on Legend of the Seas in April. I am interested to know how old you have to be to be allowed in the solarium pool. Is it 18? We have a 14 year old. Will he be allowed in the solarium at all?

Thanks for your answers. I have gotten so much information from this board!

To be allowed in the pool and jacuzzis they have to be 16. I've seen kids in the Solarium area, but there's not too much going on. We were on Legend in Alaska and they had two 2 hour periods when kids could use the Solarium Pool, same on Brilliance when we were in the Baltic. On those cruises the outdoor pool was always empty.

It would depend a lot on how grown-up he acts. If he's planning to cannonball on top of us old fogies, he won't last long. If he's polite, he should be fine. Nancy

Sorry, but for me this misses the point. There is an age restriction. It doesn't matter whether someone who is underage is acting "mature" or is well behaved. A 14-year old does not belong in the Solarium pool because it's for 16 and over (except as noted during certain hours on cool weather cruises). Personally, I think calling it an "adults only" area should mean over 18, but that's another issue.

beachchick

I don't really care how "grown-up" or "well-behaved" the CHILD is (every parent thinks their offspring are just great, don't they?) if I see somebody who doesn't belong there, I report it immediately. Rules are rules, and they apply to everybody. And last time I checked, the cruise line makes the rules and you're bound to abide by them. Have a nice trip.

It says 16 for the "adult pool" area. Not any age if your child is behaving. The rules should be followed with no exception. I enjoy the adult only areas for the peace and quiet.

I guess some of you forgot you were a child once:mad: If the child is quiet and well behaved I don't see a problem at all.

We have always followed the rules. There is a reason for having them. It would be nice if everyone thought the same way. If one person feels free to break them, then it can become a free-for-all.

When my child was sixteen, he would not have been comfortable in a solarium full of adults. He was more at home with kids of his own age.

When my child was sixteen, he would not have been comfortable in a solarium full of adults. He was more at home with kids of his own age.

True. But every time I have been in the Solaium pool it has been empty.

If the rules state "no one under 16" then my 14 year old will not be allowed in the solarium pool. My husband has always called me the rule police (I guess it comes from being a teacher:))

Not to stir the pot further, but is a 14 year old allowed to sit in the solarium or walk through it?

Hello

Right, this is what I think. Is there a reason why you want your son to be allowed into the Solarium Pool? Is it because you want to be able to sit and relax in there as against being outside with other children and so your son would also like to relax too? Thats fine but suppose there are other parents thinking like you, they also want to be able to sit and relax with their child. So heres the scenerio, you get 2 or more 14 year olds sitting and releaxing? Right, I dont think so and so before you know it, its a "kids area".

My advice, stick to the rules!:)

Geez, Jarronwood, I was just asking about the rule. As I stated before, if the rules say 16, then 16 it is!!

Basically I just wondered if he was allowed in the area at all (like to come and ask me something if I'm in there with the other adults).

I guess some of you forgot you were a child once:mad: If the child is quiet and well behaved I don't see a problem at all.

The child's behaviour isn't the point here. The "rules" say guests over 16 or 18. Simple and easy! Not hard to understand at all.

There is a children's pool and play area for the kids..........(some) adults appreciate a child-free zone on the ship...........

I don't think I will ask any more questions on this board. All I did was ask a simple question about a rule that I plan to follow and now Miss Mindy is questioning if I have separation anxiety!!! Come on!

Thanks to all of you who did help me by answering my original question.

Do you have kids, Miss Mindy? I like to know where mine are and what they are doing. I just wanted my son to be able to come and talk to me if he needed to and you make it sound like it's a psychological issue. Last time I checked, this was a CRUISE message board.

msaprib,

Yes,he can come in and ask a question just not use the facilities.I'm not sure about the Leged but on the Radiance there was a small pizzeria inside this area.I saw some kids going there and getting some pizza and calzones to go.Have a great cruise.I'm sure you and your son will both enjoy it.

msaprib, I hope you don't let a few people stop you from posting. I don't have personal experience about this, but I have read about the subject on the boards a few times. This is how I understand it....your child can certainly come in and ask you questions or check in. They just aren't supposed to be hanging out there and using the pool. I think there is even a pizza place or something similar located right there and alot of kids are going in and out because of that.

Your question was very reasonable, I hate to see anyone getting flamed for asking a simple question.

I like to know where mine are and what they are doing. I just wanted my son to be able to come and talk to me if he needed to and you make it sound like it's a psychological issue. Last time I checked, this was a CRUISE message board.

msaprib .. Bravo. If more parents were like you, then we would not have to constantly defend why we bring our children along on cruises. I hope I did not offend you with my answer. I am a stickler for the rules but there is nothing wrong with your child popping into the solarium to check in with you. Its better than allowing them to run free.

I don't think I will ask any more questions on this board. All I did was ask a simple question about a rule that I plan to follow and now Miss Mindy is questioning if I have separation anxiety!!! Come on!

Please don't feel that way.You will find that most of the people on this board are really helpful and there is a lot of good information.

Let's lighten up.All she did was ask an innocent question she didn't know the answer to.She never said she wanted to bend the rules.She actually said after she found out it was 16 her son wouldn't be allowed.

Archived