Royal self serve laundry

Nancy48

Hi, we are joining Royal Princess for a British Isles cruise shortly and I am just deciding how much currency to take with me. Can anyone please tell me how you pay for the self service laundry machines on Royal? If you swipe your cruise card or pay with quarters? And if it is quarters can I get them on the customer services desk, and if so how would I pay for them, charged to my account or with dollars or sterling?

As I have prepaid my tips and my shipboard account will be paid by card I am trying to work out whether I will need any U.S. dollars!!

Many thanks,

Sue

Hi, we are joining Royal Princess for a British Isles cruise shortly and I am just deciding how much currency to take with me. Can anyone please tell me how you pay for the self service laundry machines on Royal? If you swipe your cruise card or pay with quarters? And if it is quarters can I get them on the customer services desk, and if so how would I pay for them, charged to my account or with dollars or sterling?

As I have prepaid my tips and my shipboard account will be paid by card I am trying to work out whether I will need any U.S. dollars!!

Many thanks,

Sue

Swipe the cruise card.

Swipe the cruise card.

Is it the same on all Princess ships? Is a special detergent provided? This is our first Princess cruise. When we were on Holland America, an environmentally kind detergent was provided and we had to have quarters for the machines.

Is it the same on all Princess ships? Is a special detergent provided? This is our first Princess cruise. When we were on Holland America, an environmentally kind detergent was provided and we had to have quarters for the machines.

They have been converting all the other ships from quarters to cruise card over the last year. Not sure if they are all done yet or not. I don't think so.

They had detergent/dryer sheet vending machines available.

Some Princess ships have not been converted to the card swipe and still use quarters.

Regular brand detergents are sold in vending machines in the laundry room. However if you have a real brand preference, better bring your own.

On the ships that sell tokens for the washers/dryers with a swipe of the cruise card, you can also buy tokens for the vending machine with a swipe of your cruise card.

Was on the Caribbean in March..swipe your cruise card for tokens for washer, dryer and detergent..I bring my own detergent (travel packs from Bed Bath Beyond ) and dryer sheets.icon12.gif