11:00 flight out of MIA Am I Crazy?

Vicki5050

I just booked a Delta flight out of MIA at 11:00 am for a Norweigan Escape cruise Feb 2016. We are a family of 5 and plan on walking off the ship. Do you think we will have any issues?

We have cruised Carnival out of FLL and there were times we were at the airport by 8:00-8:30.

From POM to MIA is a 15+ minute cab ride (flat rate of $25+tip :D). For an 1100 domestic flight you need to be at MIA by 9:30 (earlier is better - TSA at MIA can be chaos :(). If you walk off your ship, carry your bags, and are clear of customs/immigration before 9:00 you should be fine.

This is from POM to MIA? How are you planning on getting to the airport? With 5, if not too much luggage, you can get a larger sized cab and all fit. But if the wait is too long, then I'd opt for two cabs and meet at the airline curbside. Definitely get off the ship early. MIA can be a mad house with cruisers just like you. But yes, you can do it. I wouldn't freak out. Just be organized in the morning.;)

I would not try to share a van shuttle. Too dependent on others who might not be moving fast enough.

Yes POM to MIA. What is a taxi van? Would it make sense to book with another family of 6? We have friends going too.

Taxi van=mini van that is a taxi. Holds usually 5-6 passengers. It may be a tight squeeze though, if all of you have quite a bit of luggage too. Honestly all passengers and luggage may fit better if everyone splits up between 2 taxis.

Like others above have stated just done waste time in the morning. Get off the ship as soon as possible. If doing self disembarking isn't possible see if you can request zone 1. I do think it's doable!

Great question. My family of 5 cruised the Carnival Breeze last year in April and made a 9:00am flight. We had a crazy early flight due to some major oversights on my part, but it all worked out fine minus some stress. We self disembarked the ship at 6:55am and were the second people in line at customs. Cruised through like a breeze. Hopped a mini-van taxi, which has more than enough room even if you have a decent amount of luggage, and made it to the airport with time to spare. You having an 11:00am flight will be no problem. Just self disembark with all of your luggage in tow at the earliest time possible. Don't worry and have a great cruise!

We made a 10.55 a.m. international flight the Sunday after Thanksgiving last year when MIA was BUSY. It was stressful as the ship docked at a different location than originally scheduled and customs was slow.

But we made it with time to spare. Self assist debarkation will take off some of the stress.

If you don't mind stress than stay with the flight.

If you worry about things than I would not have done it.

You just never know if there will be issues with the arrival time of the ship or with clearance or if you will be the lucky one to have someone stop you in customs to go through your luggage.

Your best bet is a taxi. There are not many taxi vans that I ever see so be prepared for two taxis.

Keith