Delayed Boarding for the Golden in SF on May 22

CaptainKlutz

I just got an email from Princess that they have a higher number of GI challenged passengers on the Golden and will be delaying boarding for the cruise leaving for Alaska Friday. :eek:

Does anybody have experience with this in SF? Can we still drop off baggage earlier and then go play tourist for a bit?

I just got an email from Princess that they have a higher number of GI challenged passengers on the Golden and will be delaying boarding for the cruise leaving for Alaska Friday. :eek:

Does anybody have experience with this in SF? Can we still drop off baggage earlier and then go play tourist for a bit?

Yes, there will be porters at the pier to take your luggage (we've done this even before the ship had arrived once) and you can go play. You are basically right in the city so you can walk down the embarcadero and find fun things to do.

Be sure to look for Rob Ondras onboard ... one of the entertainers. He is fantastic. If you tell him someone on CC requested he play Bye Bye Miss American Pie, he'll probably know who it is....LOL

I got a follow-up email from Princess and we can, indeed, drop our luggage off earlier than the boarding time indicated...We'll probably wander over to Pier 39 or the Ferry building or something depending on the time I get our car parked.

Thanks all!

I love going to the Ferry Building instead of pier 39. At the ferry building you can taste Cow Girl creamery cheese. Their cheese is some of the best in the USA. Or if you like caviar, they have a unbelievable caviar bar at the Ferry building. Also there is lots of shops with all kinds of goodies. Plus the ferry building is not so crowded like pier 39 is. As you leave pier 27, with your back to the ship, turn left and walk about 15 minutes to get there.

We're parking at 55 Francisco. We plan to go to Pier 39 for breakfast then maybe walk down to the Ferry building and look around. It should be nice in SF for a nice walk. I really hate it when they change the embarkation situation.

There will be plenty of things to do. As for it being "nice", I would venture to guess that it could be colder in SF on that day than in the Arctic! LOL

Good luck to you and enjoy your cruise!

I use to live in San Francisco so I know how it can get. Also owned a sail boat and we use to sail the bay. I know why they have all those sweat shirt shops down on fisherman's Wharf!:D