Military OBC Program

mdgary

Is the OBC the same regardless of the length of the cruise? For a 10 day cruise I have coming up, I'm getting $100 OBC for being a veteran. Would I still get the same $100 if I took a 4 day cruise, or even an overnighter?

Edited by Bear Down

Since once a veteran, always a veteran, applying once & noting it in our accounts is a cost savings procedure for Princess & it's hard to comprehend why it's still done manually for each UK reservation. :confused:

I have saved the pdf and a scan of my Certificate of Discharge. Change the ship, date and cruise reference and e-mail it in again should take all of 2 minutes - quickest few bucks I've ever earned!:D

I have saved the pdf and a scan of my Certificate of Discharge. Change the ship, date and cruise reference and e-mail it in again should take all of 2 minutes - quickest few bucks I've ever earned!:D

The MOBC is great for us even when it's necessary to reapply each time but it's a waste of staff's time to repeatedly process it instead of the computer automatically adding it. ;)

Maybe in the UK it's job security for staff by manually processing requests??? :p

Have enjoyed using this credit several times, first on the Ruby, then the Regal, and again on the Caribbean Princess. :) Looking forward to the next credit on the Emerald New Year's Cruise. ;)

LCDR, MC, USNR

USS Oriskany (CV-34) aka the "Mighty O"

and the US Naval Academy

Another Princess Military benefit is the "Veterans (Armed Forces) Get-Together". Reading through the Crown May 16, 2015 Patters posted on another thread, I noted the get-together was held on the 1st sea day in the Adagio Bar. My experience is that this is a hosted event and on many occasions refreshments have been served (including champagne) Well worth attending if you can fit it into your schedule.