South Point Park, Miami

Tcas1

Next year we are cruising out of Miami on a Sunday. I would love to go to South Point Park to watch the cruise ships leave on Saturday.

I have heard that the parking in that area is a nightmare. Do any of you have any good tips on parking?

I love to plan early. I'm a little OCD and a lot excited.

Next year we are cruising out of Miami on a Sunday. I would love to go to South Point Park to watch the cruise ships leave on Saturday.

I have heard that the parking in that area is a nightmare. Do any of you have any good tips on parking?

I love to plan early. I'm a little OCD and a lot excited.

There is mostly metered street parking, and on weekends it may be hard to find a spot.

One option is to valet park at Smith & Wollensky, and go have a cocktail at the outside bar. Another option is to valet park near Monty's (Alton Road) and then walk over to the park. And lastly, there is a parking garage entrance on 6th Street between Collins Ave & Washington Ave, which is about a 1/2 mile walk to the park.

Monty's of South Beach is right in the marina and a bit more laid back than S&W's with multiple outside bars to libate while watching the ships leave.

You don't really need to go to the park itself.

Thanks so much for the ideas. Monty's sounds like a good plan. Just to make sure I understand correctly, I can sit and have a few drinks while watching the ships leave from there? Sounds like a great evening.

Thanks so much for the ideas. Monty's sounds like a good plan. Just to make sure I understand correctly, I can sit and have a few drinks while watching the ships leave from there? Sounds like a great evening.

Yes, and Montys has a fantastic happy hour! Love that place!!

Looks like they are calling it Monty's Sunset now . . .

http://www.montyssobe.com/

if you look at the map on the home page, you can zoom out and see that Monty's is on the north side of Government Cut, in the Miami Beach Marina. Your view is looking towards the south east corner of the Coast Guard base, right at the 'turning basin' for the big container ships between the port / Dodge Island and Fisher Island