Where do I find specialty restaurant & wine reservations?

I see you can get wine by the glass with a beverage package, but how about wine by the bottle? Does Princess offer wine packages by the bottle?:confused:

There are wine packages available, Gold and Silver, for cruises longer than 7 days. You can get 5, 7 or 10 bottles for about $215.00 for the silver package. These packages are not available for cruises 7 days or shorter.

Generally, wine packages are available on cruises of 10 days and longer.

The details on the wine packages are:

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other drink purchase).

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the dining locations.

You may choose any wine on the regular wine list. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference without any additional tip.

Here is a link to the most recent wine list that has been posted:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45583943&posted=1#post45583943

Oddly, you can reserve specialty dining online with Cunard, Costa and Carnival. I can't imagine that Princess will not be doing the same in the coming months. Maybe even via a phone app?

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the dining locations.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45583943&posted=1#post45583943

Hi, do you know if we can also use this card at any other bars, or if you can get the bottles from "dining locations" outside of dining times? We are keen to purchase one of these packages for our upcoming cruise, but we would like to use it for a quiet bottle of wine on our balcony late afternoon rather than with meals.

Oddly, you can reserve specialty dining online with Cunard, Costa and Carnival. I can't imagine that Princess will not be doing the same in the coming months. Maybe even via a phone app?

EXACTLY, you should be able to book this before the cruise starts ,.. most cruise lines are like this now... even their own HOLLAND AMERICA line etc....

EXACTLY, you should be able to book this before the cruise starts ,.. most cruise lines are like this now... even their own HOLLAND AMERICA line etc....

I wonder how many of those reservations, if they're not prepaid, end up being no-shows. I'm thinking that it's usually not that tough to get ressies in a specialty restaurant, anyway, unless you have a big group or it's New Year's Eve or Valentine's. The only occasion when it's truly a race is when booking the Chef's Table .

Has anyone here actually boarded, shortly thereafter called the DINE line, but been refused a booking in the specialty restaurant of their choice?

Edited by shepp

I wonder how many of those reservations, if they're not prepaid, end up being no-shows. I'm thinking that it's usually not that tough to get ressies in a specialty restaurant, anyway, unless you have a big group or it's New Year's Eve or Valentine's. The only occasion when it's truly a race is when booking the Chef's Table .

Has anyone here actually boarded, shortly thereafter called the DINE line, but been refused a booking in the specialty restaurant of their choice?

There have been some issues on cruises with the free specialty dinner promos. We were in a full suite and wanted to book the Crown Grill at 6:00 pm for our complementary embarkation day dinner. We stopped by the desk set up outside of Sabatini's and were told there were no reservations until after 8:00 pm. When we gave our cabin number, we were able to book 6:00 pm. They were holding all of the early reservations for full suite passengers. Ccrain has posted on his "Live from" the Golden that the Crown Grill is fully booked. That is fairly unusual. I like the flexibility of not needing to book until onboard.

We've been even asked by the head waiter during the cruise if we want to dine in the specialty restaurant. So unless you're picky about when you want to eat in one or trying to book on a popular night (say Valentine's Day), you might not have any problems getting in.

Personally I agree with those who feel there isn't a need to book ahead of the cruise.