Which would you do Belieze & Co. or Grand Cayman & Co.

jtwanabe

Belize and Roatan, absolutely. The trip to Lamanai in Belize is probably the most enjoyable travel experience I've ever had on land, and snorkeling in Roatan at Maya Key or West End is amazing. It's what I think of when I need to get to my mental happy place.

We just got back from Freedom's Roatan, Belize, Cozumel itinerary. We hung out at Mahogany Beach this time, but have done scuba with Anthony's Key Resort's dive shop in the past. The water is beautiful & warm!

In Belize, we did cave tubing with cavetubing dot bz. They carry your tubes for you. Mine had a bottom in it and a backrest. The guides give tons of info about the country on the bus ride and show you all the different plants on the hike. Then on to the cave - very cool. Then back to lunch of chicken, cole slaw, rice n beans & rum punch or soda or water. Bus was air conditioned.

In Cozumel, we dove with Sand Dollar Sports - lots of fish, saw spiny lobsters & a huge eagle ray.

Freedom has Guy's Burgers, Red Frog pub & Alchemy bar. It has only one slide. Aft pool & hot tubs are adult only.

Magic has no Guy's or Alchemy, but has the Red Frog pub. It also has a large splash area & 2 water slides. There is no adult only pool.

Both ships have a Serenity Adult area.

Would the tubes be hard to get into if you were a plus size girl, I am asking because this excursion sounds like something I would like to try?

Agree with buddy. Would change to Freedom. Belize is worst port in Caribbean. Roatan is close second.

Wow. Can't even believe how people are so opposite on these ports! Especially Roatan. We went to Little French Key in Roatan...paradise!

b35056520f55e9a737101d414f1e1254.jpg

30e809130278654163f4f21127bac5a8.jpg

And if I hadn't done that I would have toured the whole island with Bodden Tours

Perez1992, check their website - the tubes are good sized, but not sure of weight limit on them. If they don't have that info on their website, you can send an e-mail. I would post pics, but they were all on a water camera with real film, so I haven't gotten them back yet.

http://cavetubing.bz/faq/cavetubing

Edited by dmdiver
additional info

We did a Belize, Roatan, Cozumel itinerary a few years ago. Did cave tubing in Belize. It was a fabulous one of a kind adventure. We had a long lovely walk through the rain forest, with our guide explaining the native flora and fauna, then we started in the upper cave, so we got an extra long ride. Then a homemade lunch on the way back to the ship. Oh... and time to shop too. It was the best!

In fact the family was just talking about how this adventure ranks right up there with our best excursions ever. That would be after exploring 11 island itineraries. They were all memorable, but all of us like that we did cave tubing in Belize!

I completely agree about the cave tubing. One of our most memorable excursions! Another favorite is Montego Bay, Jamaica. We really enjoy the catamaran/snorkel/beach excursion on Freestyle and have done it each time we have visited MoBay. One time we were unable to go due to wind so 'Marvin', a deckhand on the Freestyle, took us all over town telling us about local history and showing us the sites, we ate at a local spot, and swam at a local's lagoon. It was wonderful.

Enjoy the planning, just don't stress...Whatever you decide on will be great, I am sure.

Go cave tubing in Belize. That alone will make the itinerary worth it (I suggest looking up Major Tom as your guide). Roatan is gorgeous over on the beaches. Great place to spend the day. I say stick with your current itinerary.

The answers are all over the place?

And they always will be, unless you provide infor on what you like to do?

Doyou buy trinket and trash? Do you buy fine jewelry? Do you like water/ Do you snorkel> Do you just meander around?

Provide more info and get accurate replies

I'm booked on the Magic to Cozumel, Belieze & Roatan. Buddy of mine who went last year says it wasn't that great. Thinking of changing to Freedom to

Cozumel, Jamaica & Grand Cayman.

Two questions

1) Anyone agree with my buddy?

2) What would be the penalty to change. I haven't paid in full yet.

Thanks,

JT :confused:

I would not go by what a buddy says, even a good buddy:) I have one who took one cruise and swears that people who cruise are crazy (she was seasick for the whole cruise, back in the early 80's). Love my buddy dearly, but I dont buy into the cruises are hell theory, especially when I have had 8 excellent cruises.

Both itineraries are good in their own way. I have done both, and love some destinations, but like the others too. I would love to go back to Belize and Roatan, just to do a more substantial tour than I did before. Yet I do love Cozumel and Grand Cayman, and also would be happy to go back to Jamaica again. The destinations are all good for me, but I must say; I have never been to a place that I could not find something to like about it.

It would cost you a 50.00 admin fee to change cruises if you are booked ES/early saver. On other types of fares I am not sure. I know that I did change ships/cruises once before and it did not cost me, but it was not ES.

I would just ask myself which itinerary you would prefer. If you are not familiar with the ports, then go to the ports of call section Caribbean and look at each destination and read what folks have to say. Decide for yourself, but dont go by a buddies recommendation. Or MINE LOL! You have to decide for yourself.

agree with some of the others that Belize and Roatan can be dangerous if you venture off the beaten track, but doing a tour either ship sponsored or from a reputable tour operator is recommended. You can get into trouble anywhere, but if in belize and Roatan, just be sure to do a tour from a reputable tour operator. Beautiful places both.

Wish you the best and a wonderful cruise.

Edited by SMSACE6

I'm booked on the Magic to Cozumel, Belieze & Roatan. Buddy of mine who went last year says it wasn't that great. Thinking of changing to Freedom to

Cozumel, Jamaica & Grand Cayman.

Two questions

1) Anyone agree with my buddy?

2) What would be the penalty to change. I haven't paid in full yet.

Thanks,

JT :confused:

Jamaica is bad. I will NEVER go back. They are too touchy feely and get mad if you don't buy their crap. They will literally start carving your name into something they have and expect you to buy it..They're all up in your face. Belize, yes pretty scary.. But book excursions thru carnival and I wouldn't be that concerned...I would go thru carnival....