Missing points?

Prior to our recent 14 night cruise, I had 165 points in Crown and Anchor. I just went to the website only to find, yes, the 14 points have been added.....yay! BUT, my total is only 172 meaning I'm not yet d+ . Unfortunately I've not kept a record of all my cruises, I foolishly relied on the cruise history being accurate. Has anybody else lost points like this?

Prior to our recent 14 night cruise, I had 165 points in Crown and Anchor. I just went to the website only to find, yes, the 14 points have been added.....yay! BUT, my total is only 172 meaning I'm not yet d+ . Unfortunately I've not kept a record of all my cruises, I foolishly relied on the cruise history being accurate. Has anybody else lost points like this?

Were you and your significant other at exactly the same amount of points. They would show on the website as being the same points (the higher amount) but they do keep track indivually. If you actually had less points that would be why the full 14 points did not get added.

If you have set up an online "My Cruises" account on Royal's website you can check your cruise history and points there. If you have any substantiation for missing cruises Crown & Anchor will be glad to correct your point total.

We had the same thing happen to us for only 1 point. That point put us up to Diamond. C&A was a bitch to talk to about it. It was a LONG HARD battle to move us up to Diamond at 79, instead of the 80 that we should have had. They are still showing us one point shy of what we have. They say they can't just add points. We had to fax everything we had multiply times to show someone there doesn't know how to add. Now we keep every email that shows our points prior to a cruise so we can fight the battle again. Even the email that showed they moved us up so when we are a point shy for D+.

I am beginning to realize that our Royal Caribbean cruise days point woes occur with many cruisers.........

Last October, the Royal Caribbean computer system combined my husbands and I sailing points. We each have our own Crown & Anchor #. We did not know that this happen until I tried to sign into my account. This action temporary pushed us in the Pinnacle status since the points had doubled......

The computer system formed one account using my Crown & Anchor number but with my husbands name. Now we have an account with a name and a birth date that do not match in their database.....This error appears to be an easy fix, right?

The Crown and Anchor dept could not retrieve my husbands lost number.. Their solution was to assigned my number to him, and they gave me a new Crown & Anchor number....

Ah, I thought that was the end of it, but I was far from being correct.

We have sailed several cruises since this merge of the accounts and their supposedly fix of that merge. We have encountered nothing but headaches each time we sail due to the improper postings of cruises and points. The computer would place the just sailed cruise on my husbands account but not my account. Then, the computer would take away some points on both accounts instead of adding points for the just sailed cruise....

Does this sound familiar to other cruise critic readers here?

After each cruise, the same errors occurred, and a phone call is made to Crown & Anchor. The rep tries to fix the problem after a few minor changes, but the issue ends up going to the resolutions dept each time. It's not an easy fix, so we have to wait for the corrections each time... We are told that a rep needs to add up all our cruises again to see where the problem lies.

The dept eventually manually adjusts the points to the correct total.

In losing points instead of gaining them after each sailing, we have had to send them proof of such points at times through previous emails we received from Royal that showed our points...

Needless to say, my husband and I are both on our fourth Crown & Anchor number. We were told that our old numbers had corrupt files.

Their computer issues explanations vary each time you call. The reps try to explain what may have happen, but their answers are becoming like a script.

Other thoughts: Your Crown & Anchor accounts are cross referenced with your Captains Club number if you sail on Celebrity... Oh my gosh! The same mess is going on there too!.... I was told by Celebrity that we have had four different Captain Club numbers there. We did not know that........They are showing three of the numbers as inactive with only one being active...

Is this clear as mud?........

We suggest that you keep proof of your sailings and check the number of cruises and the total points. We keep our setsail key cards as proof.

Is anyone else having these problems? If so, what has been your experience?

We had the same thing happen to us for only 1 point. That point put us up to Diamond. C&A was a bitch to talk to about it. It was a LONG HARD battle to move us up to Diamond at 79, instead of the 80 that we should have had. They are still showing us one point shy of what we have. They say they can't just add points. We had to fax everything we had multiply times to show someone there doesn't know how to add. Now we keep every email that shows our points prior to a cruise so we can fight the battle again. Even the email that showed they moved us up so when we are a point shy for D+.

Ahoy jd10367

We understand about the long hard battle to keep up with the Royal Caribbean cruising points. What are computers for?

If you ever have any Crown & Anchor issues on the ship, you can call them at Guest Services. They will dial the number for you and hand over the phone to you.

To other Cruisers here: Do check your "My Cruises" accounts often for the number of cruises/points. Do check your future cruises also. At times, you will find that the ports visited is changed on you. You really don't get an email from Royal with that change.

We are avid monitors checking our Royal Caribbean cruises/accounts often. We are trying to be proactive and nip issues in the bud, but it's still so frustrating.

As jd10367 has mentioned, its still a long hard battle..

If you have set up an online "My Cruises" account on Royal's website you can check your cruise history and points there. If you have any substantiation for missing cruises Crown & Anchor will be glad to correct your point total.

It was the online "My Cruises account" on Royal's website which was originally correct at 165 points. It's after the latest cruise that the error occurred. 14 points were added but instead of bringing my total up to 179, the account shows only 172. I have more cruises than dh so I don't think that is the discrepancy.

I am beginning to realize that our Royal Caribbean cruise days point woes occur with many cruisers.........

Last October, the Royal Caribbean computer system combined my husbands and I sailing points. We each have our own Crown & Anchor #. We did not know that this happen until I tried to sign into my account. This action temporary pushed us in the Pinnacle status since the points had doubled......

The computer system formed one account using my Crown & Anchor number but with my husbands name. Now we have an account with a name and a birth date that do not match in their database.....This error appears to be an easy fix, right?

The Crown and Anchor dept could not retrieve my husbands lost number.. Their solution was to assigned my number to him, and they gave me a new Crown & Anchor number....

Ah, I thought that was the end of it, but I was far from being correct.

We have sailed several cruises since this merge of the accounts and their supposedly fix of that merge. We have encountered nothing but headaches each time we sail due to the improper postings of cruises and points. The computer would place the just sailed cruise on my husbands account but not my account. Then, the computer would take away some points on both accounts instead of adding points for the just sailed cruise....

Does this sound familiar to other cruise critic readers here?

After each cruise, the same errors occurred, and a phone call is made to Crown & Anchor. The rep tries to fix the problem after a few minor changes, but the issue ends up going to the resolutions dept each time. It's not an easy fix, so we have to wait for the corrections each time... We are told that a rep needs to add up all our cruises again to see where the problem lies.

The dept eventually manually adjusts the points to the correct total.

In losing points instead of gaining them after each sailing, we have had to send them proof of such points at times through previous emails we received from Royal that showed our points...

Needless to say, my husband and I are both on our fourth Crown & Anchor number. We were told that our old numbers had corrupt files.

Their computer issues explanations vary each time you call. The reps try to explain what may have happen, but their answers are becoming like a script.

Other thoughts: Your Crown & Anchor accounts are cross referenced with your Captains Club number if you sail on Celebrity... Oh my gosh! The same mess is going on there too!.... I was told by Celebrity that we have had four different Captain Club numbers there. We did not know that........They are showing three of the numbers as inactive with only one being active...

Is this clear as mud?........

We suggest that you keep proof of your sailings and check the number of cruises and the total points. We keep our setsail key cards as proof.

Is anyone else having these problems? If so, what has been your experience?

Have been sailing with RCL since 1989 and thankfully have never had a single issue with my C&A points, days at sea, etc.....K.O.:)

It was the online "My Cruises account" on Royal's website which was originally correct at 165 points. It's after the latest cruise that the error occurred. 14 points were added but instead of bringing my total up to 179, the account shows only 172. I have more cruises than dh so I don't think that is the discrepancy.

We had a similar situation after on Feb/March cruises this year. The correct number of points showed in Cruise History but Cruise Points weren't. A call to C&A and it was fixed.

I now take a screen shot of our Cruise Points after each cruise. Hope yours is fixed soon. :)

Just had an email from Crown and Anchor. They won't back down unless I provide proof of the missing cruise. I don't have proof and don't even know which cruise is missing. All I know is that my point level was showing as 165 every time I checked prior to the latest cruise. Now it's only 172 despite 14 points having been added. Now have to wait until after the next cruise to get to d+.

Edited by suekay

Just had an email from Crown and Anchor. They won't back down unless I provide proof of the missing cruise. I don't have proof and don't even know which cruise is missing. All I know is that my point level was showing as 165 every time I checked prior to the latest cruise. Now it's only 172 despite 14 points having been added. Now have to wait until after the next cruise to get to d+.

Best to go in to your account and do print screens of every page. This way you have it for reference in case this happens again.

Best to go in to your account and do print screens of every page. This way you have it for reference in case this happens again.

Will do. They won't catch me out again. The email even said that they may need to deduct another 7 points as it appeared I was given 14 for a one week sailing in December 2011. I responded very quickly that these points were allocated during the Diamonds in December promotion. Not feeling impressed with Royal at the moment😔

Edited by suekay