Camp Carnival questions

sunset785

Hello all! I have been eyeing a 7 night cruise on the Valor for my family of four in July 2016. We would sail on July 23rd and my youngest son would turn two on July 24th. He would be able to use the kids club starting on the 24th right? Also, what is the diaper/ potty training policy?

Do they have kids club hours in the afternoon? Found out on Royal that the kids club/ nursery closes down for quite a few hours in the afternoon during sea days ... Which is when we would have utilized it the most. Just trying to be prepared before we book. Thanks!

Going out on a limb here, but I think that since there really aren't any activities the sail day, and he is of age the next day, he would be allowed. However, there are no diapers/non potty-trained kids allowed in the pools. CDC rules. How well they are enforced is another thread. EM

Once your child is 2, they will be allowed in Camp. Here's the lowdown on diapers, from the Carnival FAQs:

Potty-Trained

Children do not have to be potty-trained in order to take part in Camp Carnival or take part of the Night Owls services. Parents must provide the Youth Staff with diapers and toiletries to be used for their child. However, children over the age of 3 will not be changed by the Youth Staff. The parents will be provided with a beeper/telephone and must return when paged to sign the child out of activities and change them. The child may then return to activities.

Kiddies Pools / Swimming Pools / Spray Parks / WaterWorks / Whirlpools

Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Water facilities include: kiddies pools/swimming pools/spray parks/WaterWorks/ Slides/Whirlpools.

You probably want to check out the full FAQ, as it will answer many of your questions. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1070/kw/diaper

My kids have cruised since the youngest was 17 mos...the first 2 cruises she was too young for Camp, but ever since she could go, she has loved it!!

My experience with Camp Carnival/Ocean is that CCL goes off the child's age on embarkation. So your child will technically be considered 1 for the duration of the cruise, even though he turns 2 just a few hours after sailing. We were told it is an insurance issue. However, exceptions have been made for loads of other things in the past, so they might just let him in.

My experience with Camp Carnival/Ocean is that CCL goes off the child's age on embarkation. So your child will technically be considered 1 for the duration of the cruise, even though he turns 2 just a few hours after sailing. We were told it is an insurance issue. However, exceptions have been made for loads of other things in the past, so they might just let him in.

We were on Carnival with our 8 month old. When we were playing with our little guy in camp there was a couple that showed up and there son just turned 2 one day after we sailed. The camp person said that the rules are you have to be 2 before you sail to be left alone however they said in this case they would let it fly. I think it just all depends on who you get.