Help with Park and Cruise Hotel in Charleston

fhmoore

Has anyone done a Park and Cruise hotel recently in Charleston? I've used the link some posters have given from the Charleston Visitor Bureau but so many of the listed hotels either aren't offering it any longer or not offering shuttles.

Has anyone done a Park and Cruise hotel recently in Charleston? I've used the link some posters have given from the Charleston Visitor Bureau but so many of the listed hotels either aren't offering it any longer or not offering shuttles.

Your cruise is in a heavy tourism season. Hotels don't need to fill extra rooms so they're not as willing to package.

Even if there was a Park n Cruise hotel, have you ever noticed that the price difference of the package vs. booking directly without parking then using the port parking are about equal or the package is more expensive?

Then there's the inconvenience of waiting for the return van to pick up your vehicle. On a short cruise I don't believe you'll save with Park n Cruise considering all things.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We live 7 hours away so a driving down the day before is a necessity. Financially the hotel room plus $85 parking the Park and Cruise deals are better.

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites at the Ashley Phosphate exit offers van transfers both ways. There are many restaurants in the area. They're listed on the CVB stay & cruise page. Did you check them out?