Glory Review ~ Eastern Caribbean ~ May 16-23 w/pics

cruisinbabs

What I love about cruising!!! Something for everyone!! Yes sometimes the only thing we can do is live vicariously through others reviews. What I do to pass the time.. and hopefully you can book soon?? :D

Exactly!! Its especially nice that everything is so familiar in your review. 😊 I'm moving, so I have no plans until after we are settled, next summer or possibly Nov 17. It could be land or sea, all depends on what the budget. Are you planning another cruise & do you only sail with CCL? I've only done CCL & ive been so happy with them. I'd love to try one of new ships, but itinerary always wins!!

Exactly!! Its especially nice that everything is so familiar in your review. [emoji4] I'm moving, so I have no plans until after we are settled, next summer or possibly Nov 17. It could be land or sea, all depends on what the budget. Are you planning another cruise & do you only sail with CCL? I've only done CCL & ive been so happy with them. I'd love to try one of new ships, but itinerary always wins!!

Oh man. Moving is rough!!

I just love cruising. I feel you get a great value for being able to see different locations.

I planned the 4 dayer just last month .. And mom and I booked the pride for next year back when they had 50% reduced deposits. I'm so glad I have my mom to go with me as well to experience things.

I have only sailed CCL so it's the only thing I know and I always have a good time and a ton of fun!! I first have to look at dates then itinerary usually wins for me too. If I go back east to catch a ship to E Carib it best be goin to HMC. LOL. .... Another bucket list cruise is a Southern Carib and hit those islands there.

Life is short and I have travel goals! Lol.

I wouldn't be opposed to trying other lines but usually their itinerary and dates don't work for me. ::shrug:: I just know I am going to have a good time and I don't harp on lil things that are out of my control. I go with the flow. :-)

Oh man. Moving is rough!!

I just love cruising. I feel you get a great value for being able to see different locations.

I planned the 4 dayer just last month .. And mom and I booked the pride for next year back when they had 50% reduced deposits. I'm so glad I have my mom to go with me as well to experience things.

I have only sailed CCL so it's the only thing I know and I always have a good time and a ton of fun!! I first have to look at dates then itinerary usually wins for me too. If I go back east to catch a ship to E Carib it best be goin to HMC. LOL. .... Another bucket list cruise is a Southern Carib and hit those islands there.

Life is short and I have travel goals! Lol.

I wouldn't be opposed to trying other lines but usually their itinerary and dates don't work for me. ::shrug:: I just know I am going to have a good time and I don't harp on lil things that are out of my control. I go with the flow. :-)

I love that 50% reduced deposit. :D If they have that soon, I might just book. Otherwise, I'll wait for it,or been thinking of saving gift cards here & there. First we'll have to decide. The Southern Carib was beautiful, one of my favorites, from San Juan! You WILL LOVE THAT ONE!!!! I'm so with you on HMC being a place to go back to!!! This last Glory cruise was my 1st time @ HMC & it was truly paradise & by FAR the best port in the Bahamas IMHO. I even liked it more than Grand Turk,which says a lot b/c GT was beautiful. HMC's sand was the softest sand I have EVER felt @ ANY beach. I'm only seeing identical itineraries that include HMC, so far but I'd go back in a heartbeat. I like ur go w/ the flow attitude. ;) We are the SAME way. :)

So what ports are you sailing to on The Pride? We did the Pride in March from Baltimore before it had it's upgrades & enjoyed it. Everything CCL did was top knotch but the weather was very chilly. Anyways, if you go to Nassau we did CCL's private island & I HIGHLY recommend it. It's not as big as HMC but it is pretty fantastic! They have dolphins you can view on your short walk to the beach, a pool & the lunch is really good! If I can figure out how to post a pic I will. IDK what CCL calls it now, but it used to be known as Balmoral Island which u can google. :)

I have really been enjoying reading your review of your Glory cruise! My mom and my sister and i are booked for this cruise in December,and I cant wait to get to Half Moon Cay.

Your posts and pictures of it gave me a clear idea of what it will be like and Im excited!!

I have been to the other ports on this itenerary before on the Conquest but your review gave me some great ideas of differnt things to do this time around.

I cant wait to see how your visit to Grand Turk was. It is the port i have been most looking forward to returning to.

Im happy that you are out living life and enjoying it after your marriage ending. Been there done that,and am happier than I was the last several years we were together. I have been on 3 cruises since then ,with 2 more booked. Life is short,gotta get the most out of it

I love your review so much!! I've been following along since you first started and at the time I was planning this same exact cruise on the Glory as well! Last month was my cruise aboard the Glory and now with your review I am getting to relive my days aboard the Glory all over again-it was such a great cruise!!

You'll be sailing from my homeport of Long Beach!! I'm trying to somehow go on a 4 day cruise this summer as I'm still suffering horrible PCD following my cruise last month to the Caribbean, it was such an amazing cruise!

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened with your marriage! But hey, life does go on and things will definitely be so much better- I wish you the very best in life!

Can't wait to see the rest of your review!

-Alex

I love that 50% reduced deposit. :D If they have that soon, I might just book. Otherwise, I'll wait for it,or been thinking of saving gift cards here & there. First we'll have to decide. The Southern Carib was beautiful, one of my favorites, from San Juan! You WILL LOVE THAT ONE!!!! I'm so with you on HMC being a place to go back to!!! This last Glory cruise was my 1st time @ HMC & it was truly paradise & by FAR the best port in the Bahamas IMHO. I even liked it more than Grand Turk,which says a lot b/c GT was beautiful. HMC's sand was the softest sand I have EVER felt @ ANY beach. I'm only seeing identical itineraries that include HMC, so far but I'd go back in a heartbeat. I like ur go w/ the flow attitude. ;) We are the SAME way. :)

So what ports are you sailing to on The Pride? We did the Pride in March from Baltimore before it had it's upgrades & enjoyed it. Everything CCL did was top knotch but the weather was very chilly. Anyways, if you go to Nassau we did CCL's private island & I HIGHLY recommend it. It's not as big as HMC but it is pretty fantastic! They have dolphins you can view on your short walk to the beach, a pool & the lunch is really good! If I can figure out how to post a pic I will. IDK what CCL calls it now, but it used to be known as Balmoral Island which u can google. :)

Yes! I would love to go out of Puerto Rico and hit S. Carib!

I will go on the same iten if it meant stopping at hmc! that is worth it alone! haha!

For the Pride we are sailing to HMC, GT and Freeport... So I have read not much to do in Freeport but it will be a port I can say I have been. HMC is a no brainer and GT Jack's Shackin it for sure so I can go play with Topher again!!

We ALMOST did the Balmoral Island when we went on the Splendor but the weather was super crappy.. so I truly enjoyed staying on the ship and run amuck!

I have really been enjoying reading your review of your Glory cruise! My mom and my sister and i are booked for this cruise in December,and I cant wait to get to Half Moon Cay.

Your posts and pictures of it gave me a clear idea of what it will be like and Im excited!!

I have been to the other ports on this itenerary before on the Conquest but your review gave me some great ideas of differnt things to do this time around.

I cant wait to see how your visit to Grand Turk was. It is the port i have been most looking forward to returning to.

Im happy that you are out living life and enjoying it after your marriage ending. Been there done that,and am happier than I was the last several years we were together. I have been on 3 cruises since then ,with 2 more booked. Life is short,gotta get the most out of it

Thank you for the kind words! I did western carib on the conquest.. that was super fun too! But my heart is def in the E. carib... I just love all the turquoise waters and vibe.. island time.. (well for most of the day then you best be getting back on the ship on ship time.. hehehe) yes I am getting ready to start posting Grand Turk..

Yes unfortunately the last few years just really grew apart.. but I just gotta keep going forward and not looking back and watch out for my number 1 which is my son and he is doing great!

I love your review so much!! I've been following along since you first started and at the time I was planning this same exact cruise on the Glory as well! Last month was my cruise aboard the Glory and now with your review I am getting to relive my days aboard the Glory all over again-it was such a great cruise!!

You'll be sailing from my homeport of Long Beach!! I'm trying to somehow go on a 4 day cruise this summer as I'm still suffering horrible PCD following my cruise last month to the Caribbean, it was such an amazing cruise!

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened with your marriage! But hey, life does go on and things will definitely be so much better- I wish you the very best in life!

Can't wait to see the rest of your review!

-Alex

Aww thank you so much! I started reading yours too! I love seeing everyones take on the same cruise whether it was the same week or same iten.. so neat to see everyones different vacation style.

Rise and shine! Breakfast time and Coffeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Today is Grand Turk day!

Now.....if you have read my Splendor review we were here the previous year..my whole goal was to see Topher and get a picture with him and I was rushed by the "other half" and my mom to get back to the ship and I only got to see Topher and not even pet him!!!

...this time... NO ONE was going to rush me. The girls knew WAY ahead of time that was my mission this time around regardless and why I love these ladies is they had my back the whole time during this cruise!

So we do our morning thang, then we wanted to go to the "secret" deck and watch us dock into Grand Turk. I love doing this!!!

C890EDE1-BA19-4D5A-AE7B-281C694FF110_zpsnhtkeukd.jpg

Great weather start!!

10996479_10153369963269162_6619610209143377386_n_zpsnvvrt5rc.jpg

Yay!! Another fun day!!

09F918BC-BAF6-4854-AA9A-54F767830DF3_zps1xtquech.jpg

Gotta have a bench picture!

6EAC14AE-CE99-439A-A816-A2D98A665378_zpsdyitqtl1.jpg

I never get sick and tired of the beautiful water!

22B08472-2933-4A79-8B12-DA8BB173D461_zpsyyp9cupc.jpg

Why Thank you it's good to be back!

E634225E-D62F-44E8-A794-24C206D3361A_zps8eyscpwv.jpg

A very nice lady stopped and offered to take our picture! Onward to our Grand Turk adventure!

4C1DF76E-D400-4801-853B-27B949809344_zps6j4ct5dl.jpg

Follow me!!

FEA08B1F-CD1C-4270-966C-415338C63D15_zps8n5gkydx.jpg

These still exist?? LOL

So for you that have never been to GT.. you just walk down the pier, then you go through the building of booze I call it.. then you pop through the other side with all the shopping that you want to do....or hang a left and head to Margaritaville! This time we decided to splurge on a poolside cabana..We figured this was a good option..

A) Place to escape since we have had a lot of sun already.

B) We could lock up our stuff and not have to lug it down the beach when we went to Jack's Shack.

C) Because we wanted to. lol.

You check in at M-ville to get your key and cabana location.. We decided to stay with the theme and get #10.. because it was the furthest around the pool and easy access to head down the beach!

F35EE6DE-F6D5-4531-B74C-9C7DE209EACF_zpssjh2nhpu.jpg

Happy Babs....

A0AF7868-BFD4-4AC2-80F7-BF43A3425BBC_zpsxnrr7gnz.jpg

Happy Ann....

1AFA0234-56EC-4EEA-87D9-5AD7B1795ED3_zpscuwwyv4p.jpg

View from our "patio".. lol..

Now when we checked in I asked if we could get Robert (I hope I remembered his name correctly.. what I get for waiting so long!) as our waiter and sure enough they did not disappoint! When he showed up to take our food order I told him I was told by Jeff aka Jamman to ask for him and he knew exactly who I was talking about! Yay!!

288E64D4-D738-4CE9-B459-2146E3721808_zpschvky55b.jpg

Look who I found Jamman!!!

We ordered some food because we knew we were going to be putting away some booze today.

7B6717DA-4EB9-48FA-B84A-DFAE3CC8428C_zpsoa3ldpci.jpg

Portions are HUGE!!! We couldn't finish all the food we ordered! Jen already ordered a Huge margarita drink.. hehee..

4CC87F6A-816F-4A8B-AF94-B09272C958DF_zpstublaecu.jpg

Inside the cabana.. very nice comfy place to take a quick break and cool off etc. Would be great if you got littles or highly experienced members with you because that Caribbean sun can be RUTHLESS if you are not careful.

We ate til we were full and then we decided to head down the beach so I could go play with Topher in the sand while the girls sat at the bar at Jack's Shack.

0EBC0258-A2CE-479D-89CA-0106C0617342_zpsmnxpii6c.jpg

Only ship in port today! YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!! On our way to Jack's!!

As you can see we ended up being under overcast clouds.. still hot but not totally clear sunny day all day... but who cares right if you are on vacation!

Finally... after waiting almost a year I got to see the famous Topher! What was cool was as we were walking up.. he stopped what he was doing and came straight to me without me saying anything. It's almost like he knew I was coming to see him.. Even the girls were like "whoa he knew you were coming to see him Babs!" I literally wanted to cry because I was actually here and doing what I WANTED TO DO FINALLY... I immediately dropped to my knees and started digging with him and playing in the sand... I stood up in sheer excitement and Ann caught this picture...

762DE5F9-AD00-41BF-A938-88C974476CA6_zpsbrh9llzh.jpg

My day has been made!

C8B5BAF9-63B8-4972-BD3C-2534E5FFE681_zpswlymg43y.jpg

I love dogs so much!

EB3644A7-BC5F-43F6-9983-1FDF28ECC312_zpsy6qreqmv.jpg

What we diggin for Topher??

Thank you Babs for all of these Glory posts. Gloriously done. Love the details. I too love a Girls Cruise. The BEST. Did one with my HWOWC - Housewives of Washington County Gals in 2009 and am looking forward to our Glory-Eastern Itinerary in Feb 2017. This next cruise is our long-awaited and promised "everyone is over 40 cruise". We too will have balcony for 3! Yeah :)

:)

these are great!! I definitely want to go to Jacks Shack and see Topher when we go.

He is so funny and is FOCUSED on his job.. lol.. the other dog in the picture was ruthless with that water bottle.. if you throw it out in the water he will go out there and get it and bark at you until you throw it again..

Thank you Babs for all of these Glory posts. Gloriously done. Love the details. I too love a Girls Cruise. The BEST. Did one with my HWOWC - Housewives of Washington County Gals in 2009 and am looking forward to our Glory-Eastern Itinerary in Feb 2017. This next cruise is our long-awaited and promised "everyone is over 40 cruise". We too will have balcony for 3! Yeah :)

:)

Thank you for the kind words regarding my review.. I still feel so bad taking forever to get it done!

that is awesome!!!! i would be excited too!!

I am so excited to cruise with my mom next month.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for a fantastic review!! We are sailing the Glory & this intinerary with our grown kids, their spouses & our granddaughter next April. Your enthusiasm is contagious & I'm grateful for coming across this review!!

I had been considering a cabana at HMC since we are traveling with a 5 yr old and now, thanks to you, I'm thinking we might need one at Margaritaville too!! I'm so glad you got to take your time with Topher.....hope we get the chance to meet him as well.

Keep your chin up sweetie.....with your great attitude & passion for life, only the best is yet to come!!

Yay!!!!! You got to play with the puppy!!!! U look truly joyful in the pictures!! He is one famous dog, loved by cruisers! ☺️I also have to comment on the food at Margaritaville. (We are foodies over here.) Looks amazing!!! I'm now regretting being cheap & not getting those nachos when we were there. Was the food worth it? I recall it being really expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice start. Now post about 2 hours worth to keep me occupied for my tomorrow :p haha just kidding. You know I love ya. Can't wait to follow along

I kind of see that you may have a preference for Carnival ships. What tells me that...............

Anyway, are there specific reasons why you travel only on Carnival? Are you employed by them or do you just prefer this line?

Considering trying them for the first time and would like to get a first hand prospective.

• 2 months later...

for the wonderful review. We will be doing this cruise in February with Amber Cove replacing HMC. We loved all the pics, too.:)

I kind of see that you may have a preference for Carnival ships. What tells me that...............

Anyway, are there specific reasons why you travel only on Carnival? Are you employed by them or do you just prefer this line?

Considering trying them for the first time and would like to get a first hand prospective.

I have been on three cruises. Two with Royal Caribbean and one with Carnival. I was on Glory this past December and loved it. My family and I decided on Carnival because of price and the itinerary is not offered with RCI. The only thing I wish Glory had was more food alternatives (like more ethnic foods, RCI will have a different ethnic food every day in their buffets) and more beverage package options (RCI has more packages).