Apil/May 2016 - School Breaks

Can anyone comment on past cruises, or if they know if the first week of May has any school breaks scheduled that week?

We were looking at either the April 17, 2016 or May 1, 2016 sailings on the Breeze.

We will have our DD7 with us as well, just was curious about historical numbers of kids at that time of year on Carnival.

Thanks!

Spring Break for Duval County Florida starts on Friday March 17...then runs through March 28 or 29. That week in between those dates.

PRICES already high and getting higher. I just checked Port Canaveral. Valor. Sunshine. NCL Spirit. Freedom of the Seas. Ouch!

Hate to go to Miami or Fort Lauderdale......but may have too. Prices are always lower in South Florida.

Edited by AmberTeka

I usually cruise April and May.

In May, I cruise first or second week, and there are lots of kids, but mid-April will draw even more as as someone else posted, due to the Northeast being on school vacation.

I just cruised first week of April, but it was on Princess. There were less kids than I had expected, but Princess draws more of an adult crowd anyways.

My preference is still first or second week in May.

Can anyone comment on past cruises, or if they know if the first week of May has any school breaks scheduled that week?

We were looking at either the April 17, 2016 or May 1, 2016 sailings on the Breeze.

We will have our DD7 with us as well, just was curious about historical numbers of kids at that time of year on Carnival.

Thanks!

First two weeks in May are one of the best times to cruise from Florida.

Spring break is over. Motel..hotel charges are down

Lot of big ships are gone.....NCL. Princess. HAL........

Summer season.........One NCL in Miami. Carnival And RCI only cruise lines sailing.

I am leaning towards the May 1-7 cruise as I was thinking breaks would all be over by then.

Would a PVP know if the ship is sold out or amount of kids are on board, closer to the actual sail date?

Probably not. No matter what time of year you sail, there will be children on board from infants to college age. There are school districts through out the country that have year round school and offer longer mini breaks at different times during the year. There are parents who can only take vacation at a particular time and who, regardless of what the school district's policy is, will pull their kids out of school to go cruising. Plus there are the home schooled kids.

However, since 1-7 May is well past the Easter (Catholic/Protestant Easter is March 27th, Orthodox is May 1) and most Spring breaks (major colleges will be through by the first Easter)and is creeping up on end of year testing, you'll most likely not find a lot of children on board. But there will be some.

I don't mind there being children, since I am bringing my own. I'd just like to "try" and pick the week with less bodies on board so I might be able to use one of the pools during the day time LOL

On the NCL Epic, it was epic-ly horrific trying to even just soak in the 2 "pools".

My husband and I cruised on an 8 day just last month, on April 17th. There were only a few kids and a handful of teens. Very quiet cruise, lots of room in the pools and hot tubs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk