Odd things to pack!

Victoria '82

I am taking my own pillow this next cruise. Despite there supposedly being "pillow menus" on Celebrity, I've never gotten a comfortable pillow. We asked for firm pillows, fluffier pillows, more pillows, on our last cruise and they were still flat and/or hard. So I'm going to bring a cheap $5 pillow with me. Not something I would use all the time at home, but it will be good enough for a couple of weeks and then I'll just leave it there.

Sooooo.....why do some of you bring teddy bears? We are always trying to limit what we bring so I'm just wondering what's the deal with the bears?

Sooooo.....why do some of you bring teddy bears? We are always trying to limit what we bring so I'm just wondering what's the deal with the bears?

Ours are only about 5 inches tall so they go in the hand luggage ---- ;)

Its just become a bit of fun - we bought one from a Teddy Bear Fair when we first married (21yrs ago) and 'he's' ended up going on every holiday we've been on since and has photos taken all over the world. Mrs T Bear joined us about 2 years after and now they both come...

Basically, we're totally potty :D:D:D

Sooooo.....why do some of you bring teddy bears?

They never complain.....they are always willing to give you a hug or a cuddle.....they never hog the duvet.....they never leave the top off the toothpaste.....they never talk back or argue with you.....they never pinch your Kindle......they never moan about not wanting to go on that excursion.....and they always want to go on cruises with you!

I want to take a huge detailed chart of the Caribbean with me next year to stick on the cabin wall. Does anyone know where/if you can buy one?

We're map-a-holics too and always take / buy a map to put up on our cabin wall. Do you know you can use magnets to hold them up? We love to sit on our balcony with the binoculars spotting what we can see. Some people probably think we're daft but we really find it interesting.

Anyway we usually get them from Amazon or buy them where we're cruising. There's this one on Amazon of the Caribbean but not sure if it would be detailed enough. Will be quite tricky to get anything very detailed because of the distance involved.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Caribbean-Countries-National-Geographic-Reference/dp/1597754404/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435093674&sr=8-1&keywords=caribbean+wall+map

Bathrobes, towels, TV, bedding, glasses, toilet seat, toilet paper and shower head.

Oh, sorry I just realized that you're asking what we take ON the ship with us.

:D

That would be wall magnets and an extension cord. Oh, and currency for ports of call and (obviously) at least 2 credit cards.

We're map-a-holics too and always take / buy a map to put up on our cabin wall.

Thanks Tartanexile, I will look at that link.

Like you, I spend a lot of time staring through my binoculars trying to figure out exactly where we are or what island we are passing. The route map on the tv is pretty useless.