What happened to huge last minute deals?

I thought one of the gifts of retirement would be the last minute cruise bargains, but so far it is a no go. Previously I saw a lot of good deals right before and right after Thanksgiving, willing to wait until then.

Agree that they are not dropping prices like the past. Three yrs ago sailed on the dawn price dropped for an obstructed view three days after I booked by $350.00pp. Called and they upgraded me to a balcony. At the time paid $1,000.00. NOw they want $1200.00 for an obstructed room. Prices seem high. Was waiting to see if they would drop. Sailing June 19th. Saw sailings before mine did not drop. So ended up booking last week. Settled for an inside even though I would of loved some light. But ended up paying $1700.00 for the two of us. Porthole would of been $3100.00. All we do is sleep not in cabin at all. So I hope I will not miss my window to much.