Celebrity: What's up with Infinity September-October 2016

milesfromu

I wasn't contacted by Celebrity. Instead, when my reservation disappeared when I logged onto My Celebrity on June 3rd (Wednesday) - I emailed my travel agent, and SHE contacted Celebrity. She was told the booking options, and my reservation was switched from 9/11/16 to 9/25/16 that same day.

Our TA called them and was quite rudely told to wait till they called her and not to call before. Ok it's been almost a week now and still nothing.

Our TA called them and was quite rudely told to wait till they called her and not to call before. Ok it's been almost a week now and still nothing.

I didn't have any trouble calling the redeployment number before I was notified.

Maybe she should have mentioned how many future bookings you have with them - and threaten to cancel all of them if they didn't assist you with this one. That's just not right. By the time she waits her turn, the prime locations might be gone.

x called mine today, 100 obc the oct 7 sailing at the price we paid for the abc sailing. or change at rack rate. not at that impressive if you cant be gone 16 days. we are going to try to stay with the booking. i always wanted to go through the canal.

have a good evening

-tom

There are lots of other options for going through the Panama Canal - Celebrity isn't the only cruiseline that goes through there. We did it last year on Norwegian - it was on my bucket list - and was every bit as interesting as I thought it would be.

We were also inconvenienced by this strange turn of events. Our travel agent called to inform us that the "itinerary" of our 10/7/16 trip had changed. It changed from the Ft. Lauderdale to the Dutch Antilles itinerary to one leaving from San Francisco, sailing down the West coast of Mexico, thru the Panama Canal and on to Ft. Lauderdale. That cruise is posted on their website. It also costs twice as much as the original cruise and is 16 days compared to 10. In speaking with the travel agent she made it sound like we really didn't have a whole lot of choice. Either re-book a new cruise or take a refund of our deposit. And, she implied that the 10/27/16 cruise to the Dutch Antilles was going to fill up fast. We originally had 2 rooms booked. The same C3 class room originally booked was available so we took that; however, the other room, a C2 (aft facing), was no longer available. The closest thing was a C1 room in an area on deck 6 commonly referred to as a "sweet sixteen" cabin because of the extra large balcony. They did honor our original price on this upgraded room; however, I'm thinking I might still like the aft facing one better. The cabin is 6136. Any thoughts?