Celebrity: What's up with Infinity September-October 2016

milesfromu

Looks like it will all come to a head soon..we already switched off 10/7/17, so at this point I am only following along and hoping it works out ok for everyone, one way or another,,,,,,

,.also hoping the Oct 27, 2016 itin is not cancelled or varied....it's a great ABC Island itin for those who cannot devote 2 full weeks to the one on Eclipse...

Sorry we can't support the cause on fb..we are .not on it....we rely on cruisecritic for info and collegiality with the roll calls....

If you look on line right now you will see that the Infinity is sailing October 24, 2016 13 night & October 27th 10 night ! LOL LOL Impossible , my guess the 27th also cancelled to be move up and now the 13 night sailing ....Makes since as the previous cruise returns

Edited by alinnj

so i just got my new booking for our oct 7 trip on the INFINITY. it is now a 17 day panama canal trip from sf to fll. we have c-2 cabins booked and celebrity honored our origional price including the 123 perks. so if my wife can get 6 more days off i dont think this is too bad of a deal. imho

07 OCT SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA 5:00 PM

08 OCT AT SEA

09 OCT AT SEA

10 OCT CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO 11:30 AM 6:30 PM

11 OCT PUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO 1:00 PM 8:00 PM

12 OCT AT SEA

13 OCT AT SEA

14 OCT PUERTO QUETZAL,GUATEMALA 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

15 OCT AT SEA

16 OCT PUNTARENAS, COSTA RICA 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

17 OCT AT SEA

18 OCT PANAMA CANAL (CRUISING)6:00 AM 6:00 PM

19 OCT COLON, PANAMA 6:00 AM 4:00 PM

20 OCT CARTAGENA, COLOMBIA 8:30 AM 3:00 PM

21 OCT AT SEA

22 OCT AT SEA

23 OCT FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA 7:00 AM

have a great day all

-tom

Glad your happy ! Not me this is not what we want to see , do or visit ! :eek::eek:

Glad your happy ! Not me this is not what we want to see , do or visit ! :eek::eek:

not really happy......i have always wanted to go through the canal and thought that was neat. I doubt we will be able to go as 16 days is a long time away from the office.

The Celebrity Cruise planner I just now spoke with just recently got word of the changes..hot off the press

.On her end, she sees no change for the 10/27/16 ABC itin at the moment....the 10/23 or 10/24 13 days listed on the website is the "See and Stay" add on to the 10/27 cruise, for the moment....

She saw nothing for 10/23 to 10/27...we are hoping it will be maintenance or a charter or a short cruise so thatv10/27 stays intact...if not we'll look at Azamara..,.

wow...this is really not seamless vacation planning...glad I am not a travel agent!

This is so disappointing! These were such great itineraries, and I was so happy when they posted them! Jumped on them immediately! I totally agree......Celebrity putting this "hotel" thing instead of honoring their loyal passengers! This is terrible customer service, and then not telling us! I, too, am not on Facebook, but would have loved to help the cause!

The Celebrity Cruise planner I just now spoke with just recently got word of the changes..hot off the press

.On her end, she sees no change for the 10/27/16 ABC itin at the moment....the 10/23 or 10/24 13 days listed on the website is the "See and Stay" add on to the 10/27 cruise, for the moment....

She saw nothing for 10/23 to 10/27...we are hoping it will be maintenance or a charter or a short cruise so thatv10/27 stays intact...if not we'll look at Azamara..,.

wow...this is really not seamless vacation planning...glad I am not a travel agent!

Looking at the web site it appears all the cruises were moved up by 3 days and agent told me they posted the 24th on line too early before they were suppose to! Look at the price for 2 for an extra 3 nights almost $3000 for a c-3

What website are you looking at? Celebrity? I do not see any changes to Oct 27.

It shows the 27th and 24th both which is impossible! Do a search for a new cruise and it will show both for Infinity

I don't see anything addressing the Sept. 11th Pacific Coast sailing from Vancouver to SF. And the post about the Tech conference is NOT for 2016, because check in date of Sept. 14th is NOT a Monday.

My reservation for this sailing was on my X list yesterday, but our December Summit cruise was not. Checked today and our Summit cruise is there but the Infinity is not there. Sheesh, I think I'd receive SOMETHING from X about this but have not received any email or notification regarding their apparently aborted Sept. 11 sailing. I also have a Panama Canal on Infinity scheduled for April 2017, but am wondering if I can count on that cruise now that I see how X does business.

Good for you X, this is real good way to lose customers!

It shows the 27th and 24th both which is impossible! Do a search for a new cruise and it will show both for Infinity

Sorry, but we are not interpeting this the way you are...nor did the Celeb rep. That I spoke with....The cruise fare that is lower is for the Infinity cruise (cruise only) on 10/27...

The other earlier date with the higher price reflects a pre cruise See and Stay package and the cruise...so you can either book the cruise only or the see and stay with cruise for a higher pruce and 3 land stay days.

Rep did not know anything about adding 3 days for our cruise or advancing the departure date,,,if it does, fine with us as long as it is still ABC...

There is however a gap between the 10/23 arrival in FLL and the 10/27 date of our cruise,,,

Hope you'll join the roll call...when we switched our date awhile ago, we did...nice folks!

The 2016 Dreamforce conference is September 20-23. The new Canal sailing leaves the 24th from San Fran. October 4th, 7th, and 17th are scratched. The original Canal sailing of 9/18 now leaves the 27th and is now 16 nights. Infinity wraps up Alaska from Vancouver on 9/11. So there are 9-10 days before ship is to be in San Fran. Perhaps the pacific sailing on 9/11 is going to be extended. Might add days to 10/24 cause doubtful X would do 3 nighter. This seems to be how things are shaping unless more dates are affected by charters.

The 2016 Dreamforce conference is September 20-23. The new Canal sailing leaves the 24th from San Fran. October 4th, 7th, and 17th are scratched. The original Canal sailing of 9/18 now leaves the 27th and is now 16 nights. Infinity wraps up Alaska from Vancouver on 9/11. So there are 9-10 days before ship is to be in San Fran. Perhaps the pacific sailing on 9/11 is going to be extended. Might add days to 10/24 cause doubtful X would do 3 nighter. This seems to be how things are shaping unless more dates are affected by charters.

It would be 4 days.. dep FLL on.23, 24, 25, 26, return FLL 27th

they have gotten away from offering short cruises but might add one, or a short charter, or maint or add to ours on the 27th...to do that they would have to wipe out the pre cruise See and Stay still available for booking....anyone's guess

if they add to our cruise, fine as long as it is still ABC and still includes Bonaire....

Got it Hcat. Perhaps they will plug the 4 day Bahamas from 10/4 in that slot. Should hear soon. Likely from folks here before from X.

Hmm, that'd be a nice one to add on...

Thank you for posting this. So for 4 days for Salesforce, Celebrity has created chaos for the rest of us. I really dont understand what they are gaining in this.

We paid a hefty price for a cruisetour, 5 days of tours then we would board the Infinity on Sept 11. There must be other charters they are booking on the Infinity as well to fill up all the days. Incredible that "business inside" can report this but Celebrity is pretending like nothing is wrong and all our bookings still show as viable. Very insulting indeed.

Essentially the same thing they did back in 2013 when there were Century cruises cancelled for a dry dock. Took them 4 months to get around to telling the passengers, when the plans for the dry dock were well publicized. Meanwhile they get to keep our deposits any any payments that have been made. The customers are feeling jerked around. And their poor staff have to deal with all the phone calls of people wanting SOME Information.

Sorry, but we are not interpeting this the way you are...nor did the Celeb rep. That I spoke with....The cruise fare that is lower is for the Infinity cruise (cruise only) on 10/27...

The other earlier date with the higher price reflects a pre cruise See and Stay package and the cruise...so you can either book the cruise only or the see and stay with cruise for a higher pruce and 3 land stay days.

Rep did not know anything about adding 3 days for our cruise or advancing the departure date,,,if it does, fine with us as long as it is still ABC...

There is however a gap between the 10/23 arrival in FLL and the 10/27 date of our cruise,,,

Hope you'll join the roll call...when we switched our date awhile ago, we did...nice folks!

Thanks! Guess my agent was also confused ! I'm still happy to go on this cruise!

I am still confused ? Here is what the web site says ?

DAY 1 OCT 24, 2016

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

DAY 2 OCT 25, 2016

Key West, Florida

DAY 3 OCT 26, 2016

At Sea

DAY 4 OCT 27, 2016

At Sea

DAY 5 OCT 28, 2016

Oranjestad, Aruba

DAY 6 OCT 29, 2016

Oranjestad, Aruba