Cavier in the surf or marina days?

MarciAnn

I am on the 11 day Monte Carlo to Rome cruise at the end of August and am surprised that the itinerary mentions neither a marina day nor a cavier in the surf day. Is that usual on an 11 day cruise?

Yes

Yes

MrL, we've just booked a 7 day Mediterranean on Sojourn.

I can see there's no Marina Day, but are they likely to have a Caviar in the Pool event? No sea days on this itinerary.

It's bad enough to know that the MDR won't be open for breakfast and lunch on this cruise! I need to stick to 14 day+ cruises ;)

How are you able to tell if it has either of those days? We're booked on Barc-Monte C for July 25, 2016.

I see codes for tender or sea days (TR and CO), but not sure about the other stuff...

Every cruise will have a caviar event. Whether its in the surf/pool/deck will depend upon location and weather. The marina requires near glass still warm waters in a protected area. I don't recall the marina use info being available online - just in the Herald.

The Seabourn caviar event is intriguing, especially when in the "surf or in the pool"

Exactly what happens? What is the dress code? And does any one have pictures of passengers all in the pool eating caviar? Not all surf is uniform so who picks the place and time?

The Seabourn caviar event is intriguing, especially when in the "surf or in the pool"

Exactly what happens? What is the dress code? And does any one have pictures of passengers all in the pool eating caviar? Not all surf is uniform so who picks the place and time?

The dress code for guests in either pool or surf is - beach/poolside wear! Or whatever you're comfortable in.

The caviar is usually served from a surfboard, along with lots of champagne.

So far, I've only done one cruise when it was caviar in the pool instead of surf and definitely prefer when it happens in the surf.

I can't stand caviar but the other guests certainly seem to appreciate it.

Actually here's a video from Seabourn about Caviar in the Surf. The arrival of the caviar is discussed and shown after the 2 minute point in the video.

The crew works very hard indeed for this event, and everyone has a great time.

MrL, we've just booked a 7 day Mediterranean on Sojourn.

I can see there's no Marina Day, but are they likely to have a Caviar in the Pool event? No sea days on this itinerary.

It's bad enough to know that the MDR won't be open for breakfast and lunch on this cruise! I need to stick to 14 day+ cruises ;)

You might have Caviar in the pool but it is not cast in stone.

Why only seven days?

When are you going?

Actually here's a video from Seabourn about Caviar in the Surf. The arrival of the caviar is discussed and shown after the 2 minute point in the video.

The crew works very hard indeed for this event, and everyone has a great time.

Thanks for the link.

Now I get it. It is a beach party on a private beach with food, the ship toys, and then the Caviar in the surf moment. ;)

Huge setup for a day on the beach by the whole crew.

It works in the Caribbean, but do not think it would not work in the Med. But maybe they have rights to a private beach on some Greek island.

I have stood on a sandbar off Dominican Republic with the crew of a large speed boat and our guide, with champagne in hand and starfish under our feet We were toasting the memories of a day of snorkeling, in about four feet of water.

we actually had 2 marina days on the late august eastern med. SB Odyessy trip last year. We were tendered of course but it was fun after being ashore in am. My take on caviar day is its too much a feeding frenzy and about the only time you see lines etc on SB or SS for that matter

Caviar in the surf is a big set up event that takes a lot of time and is pretty awesome. Caviar in the Pool is just a mini event.

Here is a photo of caviar in the pool on the Odyssey this November in Indonesia. The waiters mostly walk around with the trays. No special attire required. We had a port day that day so it was just an afternoon party on the pool deck.

16182815200_c3bd95ac54_z.jpg

Here are a few photos of Caviar in the Surf in Oct 2013 on a private Caribbean beach.

10820991123_7d287aa3f4_z.jpg

10820847154_d0cf52bd63_z.jpg

10820691145_af41ffc5a9_z.jpg