Breakfast on the train.

mek

We are taking the train from Anchorage to Talkeetna. I know we can order breakfast in the lower level dining car, but is it possible to order any breakfast food in the dome car? I would rather stay up there if possible.

We are taking the train from Anchorage to Talkeetna. I know we can order breakfast in the lower level dining car, but is it possible to order any breakfast food in the dome car? I would rather stay up there if possible.

There is a cafe car, you can get a "take out". Different food then in the dining room. Call the rr direct and ask if they offer "take out" from the dining car? I haven't seen this.

What train service did you book?

Edited by Budget Queen

We are on a Princess cruise tour.

Just an additional comment, in case you didn't know. You may want to be organized and get direct to your railcar as quickly as possible and find your table, giving you first choice of your seats. Being you have written you want to spend time there- if it makes a difference and especially if you are just 2 people, the seating is a table of 4 with 2 riding backward.

Just an additional comment, in case you didn't know. You may want to be organized and get direct to your railcar as quickly as possible and find your table, giving you first choice of your seats. Being you have written you want to spend time there- if it makes a difference and especially if you are just 2 people, the seating is a table of 4 with 2 riding backward.

Even the non dining cars are taws? Or are you just referring to the cafe,

Even the non dining cars are taws? Or are you just referring to the cafe,

The assigned seat for the entire trip, is a table of 4.

But not sure of your abbreviation? If that is what you are asking?

Thanks - I'm aware we have assigned seating with the four seat configuration. DH is handicapped, so we won't be the fastest people on the train. We probably will have to settle for facing backwards - not a huge issue for us.

It's nice to know we can get something to eat and not move. We're not big breakfast people, so coffee and a breakfast roll will be more than satisfactory for us.