Cruise cash bar card

Ceresgal

My Husband, My Sister and I will be going on a Cruise in August. The Credit Card on our account is my husbands. He is a little stingy and said don't buy anything extra. Well, my Sister and I like a couple drinks or so on the cruise. What I would like to know- Is the Cruise Cash Card worth getting? Has anyone else bought it? Can you use it to buy a bottle of wine at dinner? Any info would be helpful. We are going on the Imagination.

Thank you

We bought the former gunship dollars, and now the cruise cash cards which are applied to our S&S account once online. Applying the cards at either the Guest Services desk or Kiosks will reduce your overall charges onboard. Whatever purchases your make, including the wine at dinner, will be charged to your S&S card. We buy the general card, instead of the bar cash card, so we can use the funds anywhere/anyplace onboard for various purchases. Hope this helps, and enjoy your cruise.

My Husband, My Sister and I will be going on a Cruise in August. The Credit Card on our account is my husbands. He is a little stingy and said don't buy anything extra. Well, my Sister and I like a couple drinks or so on the cruise. What I would like to know- Is the Cruise Cash Card worth getting? Has anyone else bought it? Can you use it to buy a bottle of wine at dinner? Any info would be helpful. We are going on the Imagination.

Thank you

That's not nice!

The bar cash is a little different than what you are thinking. It isn't a card that you can use like a credit card, it is basically just funds that you purchase and can apply toward any balance on your sign and sail card. EVERYTHING you purchase goes on your sign and sail card and then you can pay that off with either your credit card, carnival gift cards, bar cash, or actual cash. One thing that you could do is not have YOUR sign and sail card connected to his credit card. You can add your own credit card or you could put down cash (or purchase carnival gift cards to apply). That way you can purchase whatever you like and are willing to pay for.

can you not each have your own credit card on file. I know my first cruise with family we shared a room and each had our own credit card on file so whatever we bought we paid for ourself

Also note that if you are going to buy gift cards, cash cards, etc, there are lots of discounts out there. Verizon Wireless sells cards at a 10% discount for VZW customers, as do several other retailers.

For more info, try the search feature...

As others have said, everything is charged to your Sea Pass card. If each of your 3 cards (you, hubby and sis) is tied to one credit card, it is essentially one account. All charges by anyone of you will show on the invoice at the end of the cruise, if anyone cared to print it. They don't automatically give you a printed invoice on the last night any longer. All charges are also visible on the TV in your room if you check your account.

If you're trying to "hide" drink purchases from hubby by using some other form of payment, you have to pay everything with the room key. If you put cash on the account, it will reduce the total, but every purchase still shows up.

How are you dealing with the automatic gratuity charged to each passenger that goes on the account? What about souvenirs sis buys on board? Is your husband paying for everything or is sis giving him cash for her share? If that's the case and sis is paying him back, I don't think he has any grounds for complaints about what she buys. Let her buy your drinks and just settle up privately with her after she pays your husband for "her" charges.

Or she could just put her credit card down for her Sea Pass card. Then hubby has no say in what she buys or if she buys drinks for you. If it was me, I'd ask sis to use her own credit/debit card or cash.

A credit card is preferred over a debit card since there can be issues with holds on debit cards. A cash account, I think, has a minimum initial amount of $500. That can sometimes be problematic if you don't plan to spend that much.

Why not just discuss what you would like to purchase in advance? Agree to a spending limit that is a compromise and works with your family budget. Better to work with each other than against. Just my opinion. :) I hope you all have a fantastic time!

Edited by Nyx7979

Available is Cruise Cash, Cruise Cash Bar and Cruise Cash Photo.

CC Bar and CC Photo are only supposed to be used for alcohol and pictures. On the other hand, Cruise Cash applies to all purchases - essentially it is a credit applied to your cabin and you can use it for anything onboard.

I always just purchase the Cruise Cash instead of the others so if I don't drink as much as I expect, I am able to use it for other things.