Extra keys for a room?

fstuff1

me and my parents will be on the Breakaway in July.

i'll be booking the balcony because of my CAS discount.

on paper, it'll be me + mom in balcony and dad in studio.

on board, I will switch keys w/dad.

but for ease of leaving/boarding the ship, I thought I'd get an extra balcony key and dad to get an extra studio key.

(keys are coded with our pics and I don't have white hair like my dad so leaving/boarding will require the correct key.)

Is it possible to get an extra key to avoid the logistics of key swapping?

Edited by fstuff1

Guest services will give you whatever keys you need. But you'll still need your original key for ID and charging.

hm.. on embarkation, can I switch room and have parents in balcony and me in studio from the start at registration?

or is it because I'm getting a CAS discount, I have to be in the balcony on paper?

Edited by fstuff1

me and my parents will be on the Breakaway in July.

i'll be booking the balcony because of my CAS discount.

on paper, it'll be me + mom in balcony and dad in studio.

on board, I will switch keys w/dad.

but for ease of leaving/boarding the ship, I thought I'd get an extra balcony key and dad to get an extra studio key.

(keys are coded with our pics and I don't have white hair like my dad so leaving/boarding will require the correct key.)

Is it possible to get an extra key to avoid the logistics of key swapping?

I'd just keep the keys the way they are and get one extra for each room without the ability to charge. May I presume that you each will tie your own credit card to your room key? Swapping keys around will also mean changing credit cards around on the 2 accounts. Since they'll have to make new cards anyway, just get the extra key - only cards if possible. You know the old adage - KISS.

I'd just keep the keys the way they are and get one extra for each room without the ability to charge. May I presume that you each will tie your own credit card to your room key? Swapping keys around will also mean changing credit cards around on the 2 accounts. Since they'll have to make new cards anyway, just get the extra key - only cards if possible. You know the old adage - KISS.

thx.

ok, will KISS and keep dad in studio on paper.

can I get extra key at registration?

or do I have to goto the front desk onboard the ship?

Since you are jumping through all these hoops, I assume the person you want in the Studio cabin is not 21 years old, which may be a problem.

huh?

everyone is over 21

Edited by fstuff1

Since you are jumping through all these hoops, I assume the person you want in the Studio cabin is not 21 years old, which may be a problem.

I believe the OP said booking this way was so that his Diamond CAS discount was applied to the balcony cabin. His Diamond CAS rate wasn't helpful for the inside cabin. It applies only to balconies and up. My wife and I booked separate cabins with DD and family so we could use 2 future cruise certificates. The under-21 rule is only 1 reason of many that someone may book a spouse or partner in a different cabin.