Tips

spf

Just returned from a fantastic seven night cruise on board Britania. Left the tips in place as I usually do. This time however we were on freedom dining but never ate in the allocated restaurants. We ate twice in the Beach House, and the rest in The Glasshouse. At breakfast we used room service and at lunch ate off the ship.

Now I am just curious who will have got our restaurant tips as we never used the freedom dining ones. Also is it possible to leave cabin steward tips on but remove dining tips. This would enable the people who have served you in the select dining restaurants to be rewarded. Away on Aurora in August and would appreciate any thoughts on this matter. Thankyou

It is not possible to remove tips for dining staff and leave tips on for cabin steward. We tried this on Oriana when we had very good waiters at our dining table but the worst cabin steward we have ever had on a P&O cruise. At reception we were told that you couldnt remove one lot without affecting the other so we left them on auto and made a formal complaint about our cabin steward.

It is not possible to remove tips for dining staff and leave tips on for cabin steward. We tried this on Oriana when we had very good waiters at our dining table but the worst cabin steward we have ever had on a P&O cruise. At reception we were told that you couldnt remove one lot without affecting the other so we left them on auto and made a formal complaint about our cabin steward.

That may have changed recently.

I removed the auto gratuity when on Britannia last month, I didn't pay that much attention to the form I completed to effect this but I recall there was the option to pay a gratuity to specific category of employee via your onboard account. So it may now be possible to tip a steward and not the waiter for example.

That may have changed recently.

I removed the auto gratuity when on Britannia last month, I didn't pay that much attention to the form I completed to effect this but I recall there was the option to pay a gratuity to specific category of employee via your onboard account. So it may now be possible to tip a steward and not the waiter for example.

Never removed auto gratuity on any P&O ship this was the one and only time I have ever asked about not paying a part of a gratuity and only asked towards the end of the cruise. Some people it is one of the first things they do onboard is go to reception and remove auto gratuity and I am sorry but in my mind they do it so they dont pay gratuities at all or pay in cash but a less amount and having done nearly 30 cruises with P&O have heard all the feeble excuses people come up with to not pay tips.

having done nearly 30 cruises with P&O have heard all the feeble excuses people come up with to not pay tips.

Yes I have heard many excuses about "Why" people should not tip.

Tipping is explained before you cruise, its in the terms and conditions.

I tip extra always, and the service is always fantastic.

Some People may have good reasons, the rest are cheap.

Always tip the waiters and cabin stewards. Always Darlings !

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is the best GO L Y N N

Corrected that for you ....

Thank you Dahling. Always nice to know this.

However thses poor little cute waiters and cabin stewards are so hard working. They deserve every penny they make, as the work long hours and so delightful to ones needs.

Pay up and tip them well.

Tally Ho

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is beautiful GO PURPLE MOONLIGHT