Kids menu options?

no1volman

We'll be on the Fascination in 3 weeks and I would like some information on the kids menu in the MDR. I'll have 12 and 13 year old girls that are picky eaters. Is there an age limit for eating off the kids menu? Is it the same options every night? I assume I need to ask for a kids menu when we arrive? I thought I read somewhere that they offer different desserts on the kids menu as well. Is that true?

It's been too many years since I've seen a kid's menu, but when my son was 10 years old, he had toasted peanut butter n jelly sandwiches. They were not on the menu. He just asked our waiter if they had them. So, if you don't see it on the menu, feel free to ask. If they have the ingredients, they are happy to oblige.

They aren't limited to the kid's menu, they can order from the adult menu.

Kids menu is typicall kid (crap) =pizza, mac and cheese, nuggets, french fries. pb and j,. spaghetti and meatballs, quesadillas, hot dog, corn dog, grilled cheese sandwiches, hamburger, cheeseburger, fresh fruit and veggies. I think they have a kid size steak as well, or did. The options change slightly each night. I'm not sure if you'll need to ask for a kid's menu with a 12 & 13 year old, I never did when we sailed with kids (nieces) but they were little. RCL and DCl always had the menu waiting at the table. CCL always had my fruit waiting for me after the first night.

There's no age limit, I've ordered off it for myself before (typically the last night, I'm sick of 'real' food).

Desserts include icecream, banana split,chocolate brownies, maybe cookies, not sure what else and may have changed, and normally one other dessert. I know the ice cream was a standard option, we order kids ice cream, you get more.

But they can order dessert from adult menu. They can order any part from either menu (as can you).

I always order the kid fruit starter from the kid menu, a bigger bowl of fruit. the adult is 'fancy' and just slivers of fruit. YOu can google for images.

Edited by Gardeneroflove

Yeah they have a kids menu and it is the same every night and yes, you will have to ask for it because they are not going to offer it to 12/13 yrs olds.

You should also do your kids a favor and make them order something off the reg menu every night.

We'll be on the Fascination in 3 weeks and I would like some information on the kids menu in the MDR. I'll have 12 and 13 year old girls that are picky eaters. Is there an age limit for eating off the kids menu? Is it the same options every night? I assume I need to ask for a kids menu when we arrive? I thought I read somewhere that they offer different desserts on the kids menu as well. Is that true?

On the Breeze with American Table, there was a standard kids menu, plus two extra entree options each night. I believe the dessert menu never changed. We would order our son a salad and then whatever entree he wanted. Some nights it was pasta off the adult menu, some nights it was a burger off the kids menu. Basically they can mix and match to their desire.

One caveat, we never actually got the kid's menu. We would look at it each night before walking into the restaurant.

Just got off the Fantasy with a 6 yo. Of course, they can order anything off the MDR menu (he tried the alligator fritters one night and the strip steak one night).

The children's menu is standardized though:

Hamburger

Cheeseburger

Hot Dog

Chicken Nuggets

Fries

Pepperoni Pizza

Cheese Pizza

Ham and cheese

PB&J

Grilled Cheese

it was options along that line and it was the same every night and basically looked like Lido Buffet offerings brought to the dining room.

We were on the Dream a few years ago with our 3 kids. My fest was 13 and the pickiest eater. Our waiter was incredible and had him try things that he would never had tried for us. The waiter told him to try something different each night and if he didn't he would get him a grilled cheese (his favourite). He now loves shrimp, salmon and creme brûlée! Hopefully you get a great waiter who will make trying good fun and low risk(ie get something else to try!) have a great trip!

Yeah they have a kids menu and it is the same every night and yes, you will have to ask for it because they are not going to offer it to 12/13 yrs olds.

You should also do your kids a favor and make them order something off the reg menu every night.

I agree. I require dd to eat some real food if she wants any treats. She has to eat a good breakfast and dinner, lunch can be pizza/hamburger/hot dog a few days, but not everyday. She gets one dessert a day (she's only three, so I still have to limit).

DD loves steak, I think it was lamb or duck she ate as well. She ate the escargot last cruise (it was the best I've ever had). We did get her mac and cheese the first night, it'd had been a long day, but the mac and cheese on rcl was a joke (butter noodles with a slice of cheese on top. she rejected).

DS gets the hotdog and fries every night. I figure, he's on vacation, let him eat whatever the heck he wants because it's only for one week. It won't kill him and really, he could use the calories as he's a skinny little thing with a non-butt.:p

I agree. I require dd to eat some real food if she wants any treats. She has to eat a good breakfast and dinner, lunch can be pizza/hamburger/hot dog a few days, but not everyday. She gets one dessert a day (she's only three, so I still have to limit).

DD loves steak, I think it was lamb or duck she ate as well. She ate the escargot last cruise (it was the best I've ever had). We did get her mac and cheese the first night, it'd had been a long day, but the mac and cheese on rcl was a joke (butter noodles with a slice of cheese on top. she rejected).

We did this to my niece starting on her first cruise at 12. (against her mothers wishes I will point out because she will not like it) I swear she had had little more than chicken nuggets and fries up to that point. I almost fainted when she ate cold strawberry soup, peppercorn steak and something else I forget. She also tried the escargot and liked it on our cruise in Jan.

2 orders in fact because she ate mine.

This is from the MDR on the Pride last month

P4120015%20copy-L.jpg

P4120016%20copy-L.jpg

I remember that from two previous cruises. But we could not beg, borrow or steal one this time. I wonder if they were discontinued as I don't recall seeing any other kids with one.

You can be ANY age and order off the kids menu. Just ask for one.

You can also mix and match. Have them order two entrees; one off the kids, and one off the adult, if not to get to let them try something new or different.

And yes, the kids menu is the same every night.

Edited by SeaGoingDAD

Mac and cheese on the kids menu? :confused:

Yep, cruizin is correct... I ordered it twice on the just past 8 day cruise. I also ordered the chicken tenders from the kids menu and the banana(less) split and brownies multiple nights. You can order from the kids menu as either an appetizer or entree and also the desserts.

Yep, cruizin is correct... I ordered it twice on the just past 8 day cruise. I also ordered the chicken tenders from the kids menu and the banana(less) split and brownies multiple nights. You can order from the kids menu as either an appetizer or entree and also the desserts.

It's on the regular menu. In fact, I see someone posted a pic of the kids menu and I don't see it there either.

We did this to my niece starting on her first cruise at 12. (against her mothers wishes I will point out because she will not like it) I swear she had had little more than chicken nuggets and fries up to that point. I almost fainted when she ate cold strawberry soup, peppercorn steak and something else I forget. She also tried the escargot and liked it on our cruise in Jan.

2 orders in fact because she ate mine.

Mine loves the cold soups, my nieces did too. Looks like melted ice cream, I've never tired it.

I balance the day/week out. As long as over she's eating healthy there can be treats mixed in, more so on vacation than at home. But really, I'd rather her have the good stuff when it's offered! I don't cook duck or lamb at home!