Grace Manor B & B, Galveston hotels

Smokeyone

I have already booked a Galveston cruise for March 2016 and am now in the plotting stages - I was thinking along the lines of a couple of nights in Galveston before and a couple of nights in Houston afterwards.

Have been researching hotels in Galveston but came across Grace Manor B & B - has anyone stayed their recently - seems to be a lot to do in galveston for a few days - we will not have a car so are most places walkable in Galveston or is it a taxi everywhere -

Many thanks

We stayed at Avenue O B&B in January 2014 and can highly recommend it. The prices are great and you get a full hot breakfast with mimosas. The hosts are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and the yard is beautiful.

Many of the B&B's are centrally located between downtown and the gulf beaches. I would say only walkable if you walk a lot! But many provide bicycles free of charge to use while you are there. Check the individual websites.

Good luck on your search! :)

You might want to check out the Galveston Bed and Breakfast Association website at http://www.galvestonbedandbreakfast.com/. They list five inns and one is the Avenue O B&B minnesotamamafish mentions in their post.

I hope this information will be helpful!

Kat emo32.gif

We had our own car, and many (all?) B&B's have contracted parking behind the old railroad station (1/2 block from terminal) included in the price of your stay.

I imagine you could call a taxi and the proprietors could help with that or would possibly give a ride for a fee or free. The ride would generally be 2 miles or less, so not expensive. I would check the websites and call directly to ask. Good luck!

Thanks! Just booked Avenue O B&B!

Great! emo49.gif

If this will be your first visit to Texas & the island where I was born, let me be the first to welcome you!!! emo35.gif

Be sure to check out the webcams on the cruise ships & various locations on the island at http://www.galveston.com/webcams/ when you have a chance.

Kat emo32.gif

Thanks! Just booked Avenue O B&B!

Wonderful! I hope your stay is as pleasant as ours was!

As a matter of fact, this thread has inspired me and we are now booking a beach week in August in Galveston! We knew when we were there in Jan. 2014 we wanted to return and now we are.

We will be with kids, so a B&B isn't practical so we will be staying at the Quality Inn Beachfront. So excited! :D

We stayed at Avenue O B&B in January 2014 and can highly recommend it. The prices are great and you get a full hot breakfast with mimosas. The hosts are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and the yard is beautiful.

Many of the B&B's are centrally located between downtown and the gulf beaches. I would say only walkable if you walk a lot! But many provide bicycles free of charge to use while you are there. Check the individual websites.

Good luck on your search! :)

I saw where you said Avenue O has parking close to the cruise terminal. Glad to hear that. Did you park in that lot or at the B&B the night you stayed at the B&B?

Also wondered if Avenue O is within walking distance to restaurants and bars?

I saw where you said Avenue O has parking close to the cruise terminal. Glad to hear that. Did you park in that lot or at the B&B the night you stayed at the B&B?

Also wondered if Avenue O is within walking distance to restaurants and bars?

We parked on the street in front of the b&b the night we stayed there. It is in a residential area with many people parking on the street. It felt very safe. We just made sure we brought all our luggage in and locked the doors.

There is a Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co. and a Fish Tales at the Pleasure Pier 1/2 mile away on the beach. There may be more in that area along the beach, but I can't remember. Fisherman's Wharf is just over a mile next to the cruise terminal. There is the Strand right there and , I imagine, places to eat and drink there, but we haven't looked. We ate at FW and saw the Triumph leave port from the back deck. It was a great meal, good service, and enjoyable time!

You will find tons of info on restaurants and everything else at http://www.galveston.com.

Edited by minnesotamamafish