La Chevre d'Or, Eze. Has anyone stayed there recently?

Isklaar

We're looking for somewhere pre-cruise and it would be great to hear from anyone who has stayed here recently.

No wish to stay in Nice. Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat is full on our dates. Alternative choice is the Hermitage in Monte Carlo.

Recent discussions with a client have me a little concerned that standards at La Chevre appear to have dropped in the last year or so and Trip Advisor reviews do seem rather mixed lately.

We have always loved the Hermitage. It has great style and we get the harbor view. Love the breakfasts outside. The location is perfect to walk around and enjoy.....plus easy to get anywhere in the area from there. You can always spend a day in Eze. Our only disappointment in M.C. We loved the restaurant...Le Bec Rouge for years. Then suddenly it was no more. Hope that you had the opportunity to enjoy it during those years.

We stayed there last late August and loved it. We particularly enjoyed the terrace for pre dinner cocktails; the view was fabulous. The dining room is very good but not excellent.

I am puzzled by your Tripadvisor comment as I just reviewed that page and all except 1 comment was highly laudatory.

I have lunch on their terrace every time I'm in the area and never fail to have a terrific meal with the best possible views. Haven't stayed there in about 8 years but last time it was great. It's really a matter of how central you want to be to other towns.

I always stay at La Chèvre D'or when in the area.

I have never had a bad stay or a bad meal,In fact the two star Michelin gourmet restaurant is one of the best that you will dine in and it has a fantastic wine list and an excellent sommelier.

The terrace is wonderful for lunch with a lovely view of Cap Ferrat.

Hermitage is under major renovation. Port Palace is well located right on the water and nice views of the harbour above first floor. Easy transfer on the little cross harbour ferry to the cruise terminal.

Hermitage is under major renovation.

I was at the Crystal Bar last weekend and saw no sign of any renovations in the building. They must be keeping it all very discreetly hidden if so. Do you know which area of the hotel is affected? From what I saw during several hours in the hotel I'd have no problem recommending people to stay there but am keen to know more.

I'm quite surprised about this, because the Hotel de Paris (same group) is under major renovation and will be for the next couple of years. It doesn't make much sense to me to have both under renovation at the same time.

You are right. It's Hotel de Paris under renovation.

I wondered why I'd seen no construction equipment or other paraphernalia there. That's good to hear, there's enough hassle with the work at Hotel de Paris, although they do seem to be handling it well. Ok relatively well!

OP, in that case to answer your question, I personally would stay at the Hermitage and have lunch and/or dinner at La Chevre.