Does Carnival have an excursion to Nachi Cocom?

MaiTaiMary

I thought Carnival had an excursion to Nachi Cocom (in Cozumel). No?

We were thinking of doing this excursion, but my DH also wanted to check out the Playa Del Carmen area. Will there be time to do both?? :confused: I want a relaxing beach day, but we are considering coming back to the Playa Del Carmen area next year for a land vacation and would like to explore the area a bit.

We are scheduled to be in Cozumel from 8:00am - 4:00pm. Should we plan on maybe visiting a resort in Playa Del Carmen for the day and skip Nachi Cocom all together??

Thanks. :)

We were thinking of doing this excursion, but my DH also wanted to check out the Playa Del Carmen area. Will there be time to do both?? :confused: I want a relaxing beach day, but we are considering coming back to the Playa Del Carmen area next year for a land vacation and would like to explore the area a bit.

We are scheduled to be in Cozumel from 8:00am - 4:00pm. Should we plan on maybe visiting a resort in Playa Del Carmen for the day and skip Nachi Cocom all together??

Nachi Cocum is not through Carnival. If you go to Playa via ferry it's about 45 trip one way. So that's two hours out of your time at port.

Nachi is a private stop that you can arrange through their website.

What you might be able to do is go to Nachi, leave about 1pm after lunch there and go by taxi to San Miguel's main square and business section. It's a bit similar to Playa del Carmen's shops and many of the goods and souveniers will be the same, but you won't have to take the ferry to PDC. San Miguel is Cozumel's main city.

I'm advising you go to Nachi first, since many of the shops don't open until 9 or 10 AM local time.

Edited by evandbob

mediccruzin is correct in that Carnival does not have an excursion to Nachi Cocum, but it's very easy to book through their website and also very easy to get a cab to and from. We spent the day there last year and really enjoyed it. Definitely a relaxing beach day and well worth the price since it's all-inclusive.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

no they don't!:) but the taxis will take you there for about 20 bucks including tips. of course it will be another 20 to get back.:) nachi cocom is a very nice place and all the drinks that you can drink. the food is very good too!

You can do one or the other, but you will not have time to do both. If your heart is set on scoping out the "lay of the land" in Playa Del Carmen, then carefully plan your itinerary over to the mainland. As was mentioned, the ferry will take at least 45 minutes each way, and you'll want to make sure you are back at the ship in plenty of time for departure.

Do you want to go to Playa Del Carmen just for research purposes, or did you have a excursion planned in addition to gathering information for next year's trip?

We really want to go over to Playa Del Carmen, also. It sounds like we would have to choose one or the other. Agree?

We want to check out the beach area and resorts, not shop.

Yes one or the other. We looked at going to Playa for a all inclusive next year, but decided on a back to back cruise.