Opinions on cove balcony on the Breeze

We are in 2380 for our cruise on the breeze this October... Below the galley. Not sure if anything can be done about it now (don't know if carnival allows you to switch)... Do you or does anyone else have personal experience with the noise being below the galley?

Did more research, called carnival, switched to 2309 :)

We had a cove balcony on the Breeze (2268) and loved it! Two things to keep in mind. If you're more forward, as we were, and you spend most of your time in or near the Aft area of the Lido deck, as we did, it's much easier to walk to the Aft elevator while on Deck 2 than to take the Forward elevator up and walk back. Less foot traffic to negotiate through. Also, except for embarkation and debarkation days, the Aft elevator isn't nearly as busy. Also, on some mornings (not every morning) when the cleaning crew is hosing things down, guess where all of the water drips down to? To help keep the chairs from getting wet, pull them all the way back against the window at night before you go to bed. ;)

I know I am in the minority and have never been in a cove, but there is nothing about them that appeals to me. Being under the life boats I would hate, they seem very claustrophobic, yet others like it as it is more private. Being closer to the water also does not sell them for me personally.

They are the cheapest price point for a balcony, so I am sure this is also a selling point.

However, if you are curious about them then definitely book it and try it out for yourself.

Have a great cruise!

They're not always cheaper. Quite often they're more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the breeze July 4- had cove 2317- would book again in a heartbeat. ONLY negative we saw was that if you wanted a quick drink on Lido, it took awhile to go up that high. (Then again, there's no such thing as grabbing a quick drink on Lido, so...)

Although you (Cruznjuly) probably won't see this, you're wrong. The cove balconies are the least expensive. I don't know why you say they're quite often more expensive. If the demand becomes greater than the availability, it's possible that the prices may increase, but I doubt if they are ever more than a suite, which is the most expensive.

Edited by beachbum53

Are you booking the coves online? Are they in the "balcony" aft category ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, you can book cove balconies online. Go to Carnival's website, select a ship like Breeze (coves are only on Breeze type categories) then select balcony for your room type. Choices will come up and cove will be one of them. Cove balconies are only on deck 2. Cove balconies are available aft, mid ship or front, unless that area is sold out. Keep in mind that some coves are under lifeboats, although that didn't bother us on our last cruise.

Have a great cruise!

Are you booking the coves online? Are they in the "balcony" aft category ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, you can book cove balconies online. Go to Carnival's website, select a ship like Breeze (coves are only on Breeze type categories) then select balcony for your room type. Choices will come up and cove will be one of them. Cove balconies are only on deck 2. Cove balconies are available aft, mid ship or front, unless that area is sold out. Keep in mind that some coves are under lifeboats, although that didn't bother us on our last cruise.

Have a great cruise!

Currently, only the Magic, Dream and Breeze have cove balconies. I believe the Vista will also have cove balconies.

LOVE the cove balcony! Close to the water, more private than a regular balcony, balcony seemed slightly bigger than a regular sized balcony, and our cabin (2264) gave us a nice view of the pier runners. It amazes me how many people are late returning to a ship :rolleyes:

I'm sure you've already seen videos and photos of the cove, but if you haven't check out my link below.....

Thank you for the videos!! 2264 is our stateroom for my 30th birthday cruise in January. I feel like I just won the lottery finding videos of my actual stateroom! Hahaha :p

We had a cove balcony on the Breeze (2268) and loved it! Two things to keep in mind. If you're more forward, as we were, and you spend most of your time in or near the Aft area of the Lido deck, as we did, it's much easier to walk to the Aft elevator while on Deck 2 than to take the Forward elevator up and walk back. Less foot traffic to negotiate through. Also, except for embarkation and debarkation days, the Aft elevator isn't nearly as busy. Also, on some mornings (not every morning) when the cleaning crew is hosing things down, guess where all of the water drips down to? To help keep the chairs from getting wet, pull them all the way back against the window at night before you go to bed. ;)

Thanks for the tip about the elevators! I'll have to remember this for my cruise in Oct. We are in a cove right next to the atrium elevators.

I believe beachbum55 is correct in saying you are incorrect. I have never seen coves priced higher than any other balcony type. The fact is, they are the lowest category of balcony, so why would they be priced higher than a room that's in a higher category?

Edited by bakersdozen12

Thank you for the videos!! 2264 is our stateroom for my 30th birthday cruise in January. I feel like I just won the lottery finding videos of my actual stateroom! Hahaha :p

LOL!!!!! Glad I could put a big :D on your face.

I like the concept of them, but I worry I would be claustrophobic. And, seeing how high those waves could get...not sure I am comfy with being that close to the water. Love that they are available, though, in case I ever get up the nerve :)