Contacting P&O

hiprep

I recall one or two threads some time ago giving phone numbers and contact information for P&O regarding complaints or queries.

An unknown bill from our last cruise has popped up on our credit charge statement and I would be grateful if anyone can give me some info on contacting them.

I recall one or two threads some time ago giving phone numbers and contact information for P&O regarding complaints or queries.

Here you go:

https://www.pocruises.com/contact-us/

However, don't expect a quick response if you email them. Simillarly, make sure that you have plenty of time on your hands in you telephone them. Last time I tried to ring them, it took three attempts holding on for twenty minutes each time before I actually spoke to a representative.

Hope you manage to get your problem resolved.

An unknown bill from our last cruise has popped up on our credit charge statement and I would be grateful if anyone can give me some info on contacting them.

Turn around time from customer services for emails is 21 days, so don't expect an instant reply:(:(

Or call them free on 0800 0523840.

As described in their Passenger's Bill of Rights as it requires "The right to have included on each cruise line’s website a toll-free phone line that can be used for questions or information concerning any aspect of shipboard operations. To contact P&O Cruises, please call 0800 0523840."

https://www.pocruises.com/bill-of-rights/

Edited by insanemagnet

Thank you all for your very helpful replies. Tried phoning but couldn't get through. Found an e-mail address on their website and e-mailed them. Had a reply that it would be dealt with within 4 days. I can only hope and will keep you posted.

Thank you all for your very helpful replies. Tried phoning but couldn't get through. Found an e-mail address on their website and e-mailed them. Had a reply that it would be dealt with within 4 days. I can only hope and will keep you posted.

With many companies these days I find I get the best response by going on to their Facebook page and sending them a Private Message, not only does it get responded to quickly they generally manage to get pretty speedy action too.

(works with Nespresso, EE, ToysRUS to name but a few) worth a try with P&O. Make sure you go to the Real P&O page though, there are a number of Groups with the same name!

Or call them free on 0800 0523840.

As described in their Passenger's Bill of Rights as it requires "The right to have included on each cruise line’s website a toll-free phone line that can be used for questions or information concerning any aspect of shipboard operations. To contact P&O Cruises, please call 0800 0523840."

https://www.pocruises.com/bill-of-rights/

Thanks, I didn't know that. I found it very annoying when P & O changed from a 0845 number which is free in our call package to a 0843 number which isn't.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I found it very annoying when P & O changed from a 0845 number which is free in our call package to a 0843 number which isn't.

Well they wouldn't make money from the phone calls to the 0843 number if they put the 0800 on the front page, rather than hidden in the cellar behind the door marked 'Beware of the leopard'.

• 2 weeks later...

I have actually used the " Request a call" service advertised on their website. It worked brilliantly. They rang me back pretty quickly - within a couple of hours - and although the person who rang me back could not of course deal with my problem ( they are really there to sell you a cruise"!) they did refer my problem on to customer services. I had originally written by post ( I had to as I had to enclose an original receipt) and over 2 weeks later had heard nothing. But asa result of the phone call, I had an email within a further couple of hours , and the money they owed me in the post two days later...

This doesn't sound like a complaint to me, so I would suggest that you don't get too heavy-handed at the outset. We had an incorrect entry on our bill once; I called P&O, they informed me that they would investigate. Twenty-four hours later they called to confirm that it was indeed wrongly applied to our bill, and reversed it without any further delay, with full apology. "Dim problem" as we say here in Wales!

This doesn't sound like a complaint to me, so I would suggest that you don't get too heavy-handed at the outset. We had an incorrect entry on our bill once; I called P&O, they informed me that they would investigate. Twenty-four hours later they called to confirm that it was indeed wrongly applied to our bill, and reversed it without any further delay, with full apology. "Dim problem" as we say here in Wales!

Not sure what doesn't sound like a complaint? The OP's doesn't I agree but Big Stevie specifically asked for a contact for making a complaint, which is what I was answering.

Not sure what doesn't sound like a complaint? The OP's doesn't I agree but Big Stevie specifically asked for a contact for making a complaint, which is what I was answering.

My post was a direct response to the OP, i.e. hiprep. No-one else.

Thanks to the free phone number provided on this thread we finally managed to contact P&O. They investigated quite quickly and it appeared that a spa charge had been taken on our cabin number. This was taken after we had disembarked and handed in our cards and were nearly home. I do not understand how this could happen and they were quick to deduct it from our credit card account. However it has now been refunded so I am quite satisfied.

However I do consider it a problem. In theory it could have put us over our credit limit although thankfully it didn't. The staff were apologetic but an official apology would have been nice.