Which Royal Caribbean Stingray excursion?

Creepella

The descriptions don't really explain the differences between the regular and deluxe stingray city sandbar excursions. Does anyone know?

Also, the catamaran sail and stingray excursion - does the boat have a bar?

Thanks.

We are wondering the same thing, but it appears that the Deluxe is aboard a boat, whereas the regular you wade out to the stingrays.

Can't say about the bar - haven't been yet.

No, both will have boats. The stingray sandbar is located out in the middle of a big bay, so you cannot wade out there.

It appears that the Stingray Catamaran sail does not offer a bar, and it may not offer snorkel gear. It just says swim with the stingrays. It's a 3 hr tour on a sailboat.

The Deluxe has a full service bar (doesn't say if it's included or not, but they have one) and it's on a motorboat, not a sailboat. It also says you will snorkel, so they will supply the equipment.

There's the difference.

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

Our tour was with Stingray City United, it was with a Catamaran out to the sandbar. I loved the tour as we got to do other things along with Stingray City such as see some beautiful birds. There are a lot of other excursions as well that I think offer the deluxe time you are looking for, enjoy :)

Just got back from our cruise and did the deluxe. Drinks were available for cash, not included. They had snorkeling gear available but saw no fish only stingrays. It was crowded but still an amazing experience and we all agreed it was our favorite excursion of the cruise. I was nervous about doing it but actually held a stingray and loved it! Well worth the money!

Just got back from our cruise and did the deluxe. Drinks were available for cash, not included. They had snorkeling gear available but saw no fish only stingrays. It was crowded but still an amazing experience and we all agreed it was our favorite excursion of the cruise. I was nervous about doing it but actually held a stingray and loved it! Well worth the money!

Just curious, is the area as crowded as the pictures indicate? It looks like there are 5-8 boats that go there filled with people. Several pictures I saw showed TONS of people packed into a small area.

Just curious, is the area as crowded as the pictures indicate? It looks like there are 5-8 boats that go there filled with people. Several pictures I saw showed TONS of people packed into a small area.

Depends on the day and time. We've gone when it was so crowded we had trouble finding room to anchor, and we've been there when it was just DH and I plus one other boat (maybe 6-7 people) and a whole lot of stingrays.

• 1 month later...

I know the Tour we took you wouldn't be able to get a wheel chair on there and the entrance to the boat is narrow a has steep steps. We had a gentleman on a walker and he had a hard time getting on the boat because no one could fit on either side to help him get on. If your son is a child I would say yes because you can easily help him on, but not if he is an adult. We used moby dick tours and they are great!

Sorry I didn't see your question before I left or I would have paid more attention. It was a lovely tour, and you might even be able to carry him into the water. It is only waist deep.

I would suggest contacting special needs and asking them to discuss it with the company. You never know.

Would taking someone with a manual wheelchair on the Deluxe tour be difficult? Our son can walk a little and transfer easily. He wouldn't be able to get in the water, but would he be able to comfortably watch the action?

I looked it up, it's Marineland Tours.

They have pictures of the boat on their site. I am sure if you contacted them, they could let you know how well you could be accommodated.