Newbie - Anthem Across the pond

Hi, new to this forum, hello everyone.

Looking at booking across the pond on the anthem in October, can anyone give me any pointers, whats good, what to avoid, looking at a balcony front ship probably deck 12 are the options at the minute, I'm not sure if this is too close to the adventure ocean ? Can anyone advise ?

Also, the drinks on us promotion, what does this include ? Do you think this sailing is likely to be full, I'm guessing not many kids on it etc due to date of sailing ?....not that we mind, we did Disney Dream in November and that was fab.

Any help gratefully received, looking to book this weekend...

cheers

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic.

We did Quantum Transatlantic November 2014 - great experience.

Not a lot use of the balcony - but enjoyed the departure from Southampton as well as the arrival to New York - and an unexpected stop at the Azores.

Get inspiration from my Quantum TA Review.

... and this short video:

[YOUTUBE]J4Sxumg-u0M[/YOUTUBE]

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, new to this forum, hello everyone.

Looking at booking across the pond on the anthem in October, can anyone give me any pointers, whats good, what to avoid, looking at a balcony front ship probably deck 12 are the options at the minute, I'm not sure if this is too close to the adventure ocean ? Can anyone advise ?

Also, the drinks on us promotion, what does this include ? Do you think this sailing is likely to be full, I'm guessing not many kids on it etc due to date of sailing ?....not that we mind, we did Disney Dream in November and that was fab.

Any help gratefully received, looking to book this weekend...

cheers

did you book this cruise? We did, last weekend and are also DCL fans!

Hi and welcome to CC,

You'll find this a very useful forum as I did when I first started. There is a wealth of information on here.

We have done 3 TA's and just done the Transatlantic on the Quantum and loved it. With all the things to do on board you can be as busy or as relaxed as you like.

You do not get many children on a TA as on other cruises due to the length and lack of stops and also the time of year sometimes makes a difference.

From our experience the ships do usually sail full or nearly full.

You get a lot of repeat cruisers on them and more than half of the ship has some sort of Crown and Anchor level with quite a few of the higher tier so their lounges are usually over/very full.

You are able to join Crown and Anchor after completing your first cruise on Royal.

Someone has already posted a link to your forum for other passengers travelling when you do and it's definitely worth joining up so you can chat and get to know other passengers before you sail. They also sometimes plan things to do on board which you can join in with if you want to. A good one is a Cabin crawl where other guests (and you if you want) offer up their cabins and you can go around and see the different types there are. With the Anthem being a new ship and several different new cabin types this is one ship to do it on.

Don’t forget to join up for the Meet and Mingle - You can do this from the CC website from the link on the right where is says Register for a Meet & Mingle.

If enough guests sign up (minimum 25) they have a gathering onboard usually on day 2 so you can meet the people you have been chatting to and Royal normally have a raffle with some prizes and some sort of beverages usually tea/coffee.

Location wise we usually like being around decks 7/8/9 on the port side if going Westbound as this side gets the sun in the afternoon. We find you don’t get much sway and we like being up the front/forward part of the ship.

Drinks packages depend on what one you have?

We love our TA’s and have another booked for next year already.

I note you’ve booked it – hope you have a great time!