Cozumel Non Ship Tour?

altarrose

Hi all!

We have been to Cozumel a few times (done Tulum, Isla Passion Island, and an AI). I am wondering just about a basic city or combo tour? As much as I love the beach, my husband would probably prefer at least a half day break to experience some sight seeing.

Also open to other ideas!

Thanks for your help

Hi all!

We have been to Cozumel a few times (done Tulum, Isla Passion Island, and an AI). I am wondering just about a basic city or combo tour? As much as I love the beach, my husband would probably prefer at least a half day break to experience some sight seeing.

Thanks for your help

We have toured several times with ToursPlaza and highly recommend. You can visit their website for suggestions for tours for 3+ hours. You can customize where you stop according to your interests.

The "Wildside" has some great photo OP's. You might hire a taxi for the day and hit Coconuts, Chen Rio and Punta Sur to name a few. Chen Rio is one of the few places on that side of the island where it is safe to swim. San Gervasio ruins could be had on the same trip and you could stop at any of several beach clubs between Punta Sur and the cruise piers.

Hi all!

Thanks for your help

We took the barhop dot com tour. My wife and I are not heavy drinkers but we enjoyed this. You can look at their website to get the details. It costs $114 for two people plus any additional food or drink purchased (cash only) at the 4 different locations on the east side of the island.

I would consider a taxi van for a private barhop tour if there were more than two people going but for just two, the cost is good. The host was great. There is a different "free" shot glass drink at each location and a t-shirt comes with the tour.

Check out the Bar Hop Bus. While it sounds like nothing but drinking, it's actually a GREAT way to see the island! You meet in town, drive through town and the guide gives you some great highlights and information about the island on your drive across to the East Side. There you'll make four-five stops for drinks, food, beach and photo ops. You get a "small sample drink" at each of the four stops and there's time to order more or food at each stop. It's a blast! Music, fun, GREAT guides and the perfect way to see the island! They will then drop you off at your ship's pier at the end!

When we went, my husband (who is not a fan of group tours) looked at me and said, "Even if people don't drink, I'd recommend this tour to anyone!". (Mind you, we've been to Cozumel 10 + times and always do something different).

I know you asked for a "non-ship" excursion but my suggestion is take a look a your cruise line's "highlights" of the island type of tour. They are usually offered at a reasonable price. It is a good way to see parts of the island you may not have seen previously.

Happy cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945

We have toured with Gerry with Cozumel Driver For A Day (Which I think is booking through Tours Plaza now) twice and with Leo, from the same company, once. They are great! Their vans are always clean and comfortable, unlike some taxis, that are dirty, small, and uncomfortable. You definitely need to see the "other side". It is beautiful! They will give you a great, personalized tour of the island, while keeping you safe.