Formal Night

Seaside K

I will be taking my very first cruise in about 30 days! (Emerald Princess Mediterranean Cruise) I have been shopping and am 'set' for dressy casual but have not purchased any formal attire.

My first question is: I purchased a very dressy jumpsuit (meaning dressy ivory draped top and navy print pants all in one) and I am wondering... would this outfit be acceptable for formal night with black patent wedge sandles?

My second question is: I have a dressy chiffon skirt (black/coral) and a knit black top with sequins and I am wondering... would this outfit be acceptable for formal night.

In other words I do not have a formal dress and really do not want to buy one. I have spent enough money already.

Thank you for responding!

I will be taking my very first cruise in about 30 days! (Emerald Princess Mediterranean Cruise) I have been shopping and am 'set' for dressy casual but have not purchased any formal attire.

My first question is: I purchased a very dressy jumpsuit (meaning dressy ivory draped top and navy print pants all in one) and I am wondering... would this outfit be acceptable for formal night with black patent wedge sandles?

My second question is: I have a dressy chiffon skirt (black/coral) and a knit black top with sequins and I am wondering... would this outfit be acceptable for formal night.

In other words I do not have a formal dress and really do not want to buy one. I have spent enough money already.

Both outfits will be fine for Formal night. Enjoy your cruise!

Both sound like they will be great.....it is usually only the men who are limited to what they can wear that meet the dress recommendations on formal nights for Princess....have fun....there are many forum topics on Princess formal nights here so you might try a search too....:)

Add some sparkly jewelry to the jumpsuit and it will work well with the shoes. You could use a sparkly scarf as a wrap as well. There are sales on the cruise during the day. In one of the dining rooms. There will be a notice in the Patter. You can get some cheap jewelry and scarves there. They often have cheap evening bags too.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, your description sounds just fine. :)

Perfect choices.

You will see ladies in everything from "Sunday best" to cocktail dresses to black dress pants and pretty blouse to Long Gowns to typical mother of Bride dresses with jackets.

Everyone looks nice in their own style. Like mentioned, only men get criticized for their choices it seems.;)

Have a great time.