Mini Golf On The Dream

Raxter54

Haven't seen anyone mention mini-golf on any of the Carnival ship reviews. On our upcoming cruise on the Dream, my niece and her husband are sailing with us. I've challenged him to a mini-golf tournament during the cruise, with the loser paying for dinners at the Steakhouse.

I'm curious if anyone has any info on how many holes are on the course, and whether it is busy most of the time or not.

Thanks!

Edited by Raxter54

It is an 18 hole putt-putt course. It can be crowded depending on time of day and whether it is a port day or sea day. If you play during a port stop while most people are off the boat it shouldn't be too bad. Even when it is crowded everyone seemed to be patient and waiting their turns, though. Some kids were running around but nothing out of the ordinary for any putt-putt I've ever played.

If you are playing seriously playing during a port stop would be the best bet. The wind can really be howling up there at sea so at times you can't even get the ball to stay still. And in theory the motion of the ship could impact the accuracy of your putting too. But I'm not good enough to tell the difference.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

The mini golf on the Dream is awesome. It is a full 18 holes while I know some of the other ships just have 9. As someone else said, it will be pretty windy when you are sailing. It is usually pretty crowded during sea days, but port days and night/morning are not bad at all.

You start on any hole and do not need to do the holes in order. On busier days some time some people seem to take their time even when people are behind them.

There are no score cards. So if you want to keep score you will have to remember it.

Mini golf on the Dream is pretty good, but if you are a serious player you might be disappointed since the wind and motion of the ship can destroy an otherwise perfect hole in one. At least that is what happened to me on every hole:rolleyes:

Mini golf on the Dream is pretty good, but if you are a serious player you might be disappointed since the wind and motion of the ship can destroy an otherwise perfect hole in one. At least that is what happened to me on every hole:rolleyes:

Yeah, but we will both be playing under the same conditions, so we'll just have to suck it up and play on :D

BTW - I'm designing my own "Greens Of The Dream" score card to take with us...