Transportation from Orlando airport to cocoa beach hotel

We cruise on the Freedom on 7/5. We are driving down but my parents and my aunt are flying down. I am trying to figure out the best way to get them from the airport to our hotel at Hilton cocoa beach. Looking for ideas that others have used before. Anyone have any advice. I have googled and seen various places but wondered if anyone has had exceptional service that they would like to comment about.

Thanks in advance

It's about an hours drive from CCB to Orlando. You could go get them.

Yes. We have debated that. We will be driving down from Kentucky and not sure if we would make it there in time. Their flights arrive mid afternoon on the Friday before our cruise leaves. We will be leaving first after work on Thursday or early Friday morning depending on how work goes on Thursday and just uneasy about them waiting on us if we hit traffic or whatever. Just getting all my options in order to make their trip stress free.

Edited by Kycruisefan

Yes. We have debated that. We will be driving down from Kentucky and not sure if we would make it there in time. Their flights arrive mid afternoon on the Friday before our cruise leaves. We will be leaving first after work on Thursday or early Friday morning depending on how work goes on Thursday and just uneasy about them waiting on us if we hit traffic or whatever. Just getting all my options in order to make their trip stress free.

JMO, but I doubt you'll make Orlando in time to meet the flight unless you get out of KY on Thursday. We drove from North Alabama to Fort Lauderdale which of course took us through Orlando. It took awhile to get there. Suggest you use google maps to get driving times.

Several have suggested renting a car in Orlando. We did that when we took Freedom a couple of years ago. That worked very well. I seem to think it was about $40 one way. They even had a deal where you could prepay gas for mileage less than 70 miles which was a good deal. We found a discount code here on cruise critic which I don't remember. We rented the car, used it for dinner, and then dropped it at the rental car place the day of the cruise. The rental folks dropped us at the ship and picked us up when we got back.

There are numerous rental car places where you can drop the car within three miles of the port. I think there is even one hotel that has a rental on premises. Check the florida departure board for more information.

You could reserve a car and cancel if you get there in time. Just be sure and check on cancellation policies. The parents could rent one from Orlando to CCB and you could drop them off on your way back.

I recommend Cortrans. $20 pp each way. Great service. And when you get back you'll have to share your tips/experiences with this fellow Louisvillian sailing FOS in August.

Just returned. I rented a car using costco travel. Rented from Alamo. We got amedium size car 19.99. From MCo and returned next day port canaveral. It was so easy. We went to Ron Jons did some shopping then just returned car. They shuttled us to the ship, my kids needed a bigger size there was 6 of them plus luggage. They got a mini van from Enterprise for 39.00 they are at the same rental location and used the same shuttle to ship as we did.

On return we had a early flight so we didn't want to rent a car. We used OCS he was waiting for us when we got off the ship and no problem getting us to the airport